Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shipment Email Template failures

tirko

Total Posts:  6

Both New Shipment and New Shipment for Guest emails get the following error when loading and previewing in the Transactional Emails section of Admin:

Warning: Mage_Core_Block_Template::include(/nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/shipment/items.phtml) [mage-core-block-template.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 144
Trace:
#0 /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘Mage_Core_Block...’, ‘/nfs/c03/h03/mn...’, 144, Array)
#1 /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): Mage_Core_Block_Template::fetchView()
#2 /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’adminhtml/defau...’)
#3 /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#4 /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#5 /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(525): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#6 /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template/Filter.php(111): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#7 /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/lib/Varien/Filter/Template.php(128): Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template_Filter->layoutDirective(Array)
#8 /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template.php(281): Varien_Filter_Template->filter(Array, Array)
#9 /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/54776/domains/shop.marytedescofitness.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Email/Template/Preview.php(50): Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template->getProcessedTemplate(’

Other email templates preview correctly. Any clues would be greatly appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tirko

Total Posts:  6

When trying to generate a shipment email for a sale, this error occurs:

Invalid transactional email code: 18
Can not do shipment for order.

Magento Community
Magento Community

got-bonsai

Total Posts:  136
Wales, UK

same problem here.  Also get a similar error when trying to preview new invoice, new invoice for guest and several others.  Even if I comment out all text in subject and content of emails I still get the error when trying to preview

Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I have the same warning and when I checked for app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/shipment/items.phtml, shipment is missing in my installation ver 1.2.1.2 both in my staging server and live server. Now, if you look into the template that call this missing file, it is this:

{{layout handle="sales_email_order_shipment_items" shipment=$shipment order=$order}}

This line is a bit difficult to find but it’s there, and if you change that to this

{{layout handle="sales_email_order_items" shipment=$shipment order=$order}}

then it’ll preview OK, since app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order/items.phtml exists.

Also, if you look into the Invoice template, it is this:

{{layout area="frontend" handle="sales_email_order_invoice_items" invoice=$invoice order=$order}}

And indeed, in app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/invoice you’ll find items.phtml. But I don’t know why this doesn’t work for shipment:

{{layout area="frontend" handle="sales_email_order_shipment_items" shipment=$shipment order=$order}}

Anyone knows the answer?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Olof

Total Posts:  152

Did anyone find a permanent fix for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gael_1

Total Posts:  7

It may help: I have solved this issue by copiing the file

app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order/items_invoice.phtml
from a previous version.
Now my invoice is working again.
Hope that it will be fixed soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Meth0

Total Posts:  13
Brisbane - Gold Coast QLD Australia

Copy the file for the frontend shipment emails to the adminhtml folder.

magentoInstallFolder\app\design\frontend\default\default\template\email\order\shipment\items.phtml

to

magentoInstallFolder\app\design\adminhtml\default\default\template\email\order\shipment\items.phtml

You’ll have to create the ‘shipment’ folder first. Worked for me smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community