Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
SEO

BeetleJeremy

Total Posts:  24

I’d be careful when looking for an SEO for Magento. As it’s a complex platform that needs a thorough understanding to optimise. If you want help with a Magento platform searching for a term like “SEO Australia” won’t help you, unless you only want off site link building and optimisation.

I’ve written before about configuring your Magento Site for SEO and I can’t emphasis enough how important it is to have someone who knows Magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pearlwinselot

Total Posts:  2

Well, for any business to be successful, SEO is very essential as SEO only can gather traffic for the website and optimize the website according to the Search Engines.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dianadenson12

Brisbane

Try to hire an SEO Guy who is expert in White Hat and has an effective strategy. There are so many Freelance SEO there and if you want you can try using softwares which are very effective. You can try \"Search Engine Prime\” it is a proven to be more effective accurate software.

Magento Community
Magento Community

maitearroz

Total Posts:  9

There are a lot of different options when it comes to SEO but it sounds like you want a specific type ie one that functions well with magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

sonna26

Total Posts:  12

So good post. Thanks a lot for sharing ^^

Magento Community
Magento Community

Robogento

Total Posts:  9

well, If you got lot of money there are a lot in australia , try look at dejanseo.com.au . I love his caste studies

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Magento is really not ideal from the point of view of SEO. Very many obvious functions are implemented not quite right.
The problem is that it is quite difficult to improve these functions even for an experienced programmer. As a variant, you can try the ready extensions. Check this one http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/advanced-seo-suite.html .

Magento Community
Magento Community

anaramos81

Total Posts:  3

Thanks a lot for sharing it!

Magento Community
Magento Community

narayanrao

Total Posts:  1
Sydney,Australia

As SEO is the best way of Marketing/Promoting our website in Major Search Engines. Also while optimising a site we have to follow Google Algorithm & updates. If we violate the rules of Google. Then our website will get the penalty & our website will get banned from Search Engine. So we should take care while optimizing the site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RickNel

Adelaide, Australia

Well, SEO could be done for the every country, and yes there are some differences for Australia. And, there are a lots of high quality SEO companies in Australia, try to find on Google or Australian classified ads.

Magento Community
Magento Community

filelinks

Total Posts:  55

golfzoner - 05 March 2012 01:28 AM

SEO, everyone is an expert. Through my limited experience this is a very complex, multi faceted specialty. Does anyone know who really knows this stuff in Australia?

Yes, it ‘s very complex industry. You can take a look many good articles here http://magentoexpertforum.com/forumdisplay.php/30-Magento-SEO-technique

My experience with SEO is: SEO is something you need to do yourself for your shop, something you must know how to see the statistic how it growth daily or you will lose money anyway.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PetersJohn

Total Posts:  0
United States

Next is to check their active clients sites if they’re ranking well, won’t help you, unless you only want off site link building and optimisation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FerguesJohnson

Total Posts:  3

golfzoner - 05 March 2012 01:28 AM

SEO, everyone is an expert. Through my limited experience this is a very complex, multi faceted specialty. Does anyone know who really knows this stuff in Australia?

I am also looking for some SEO expert to imprve my peptides website. If you find best person which give guarantee then share the name of person with me.
Thanks,
Fergues Johnson

Magento Community
Magento Community

sandertristan

Total Posts:  1

If you are not that good in Magento, no need to worry, hire a Magento expert in Odesk or Elance, no need to do guess work, you will end up spoiling your site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi!
Improved Navigation Extension has great SEO functionality:
- Make SEO-Friendly URLs
- Build nice landing pages
- Specify more relevant meta tags
- Optimize brand descriptions and meta tags for SEO
- Create cross-links

For more details, user guide and live demo please follow the link http://amasty.com/improved-navigation.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3