Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Merge 2 configurable products into one? 

Foss

Total Posts:  1

Hi

I’’m a developer working for an online retailer of bikinis and swimwear. I’m new to Magento. The problem with our products is that each part of the bikini is available in several different sizes and each part/size has a unique SKU. There are two parts to a bikini, and therefore I need the product page to list both of these with their respective size options. This can be done with Custom Options, but since we also rely on Magento to keep track of our stock, we need to make sure that both parts are subtracted from their respective stock summary.

Example: Bikini Foo is comprised of two parts, one top and one bottom. These parts come in three different sizes; Small, Medium and Large. Customers come in a variety of different sizes and will need to be able to choose different sizes for each part. Customer A buys the bikini but orders a small top and a large bottom. Customer B orders the same bikini but with a medium top and a medium bottom. The customers but the same product, but two different pairs of items were sent to them.

Since what I’m describing is essentially (as I’ve understood it) two configurable products merged into one, my question is if Magento has built-in functionality for this. If you have other solutions, please share them.
If there’s no current functionality to do this, could anyone experienced with Magento development give me a pointer on where to start on this?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gruubidesigns

Total Posts:  16

This was posted a long time ago but did you ever find a solution? smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community