Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I get product images to show on the product pages? 

swill

Total Posts:  2

I have installed Magento 0.7.14800 on 1and1 linux shared hosting with the help of the find replace of the server script and the changes to the .htaccess file found in the forum.

I think the install has worked as I have a somewhat functional store and it looks correct ect.  I have not gone through every detail of the store yet, but it does seem to be working.

My problem is that the product images that I upload do not seem to show up on the product page.  I have confirmed that the images are actually there on the server and that the chmod settings are correct, but I am still having no luck getting the images to display.  I have seen other people with this same issue on here and I have not found a solution.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Will

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  76
UK

Not sure if this will help or not…

“Right after the installation or upgrade go to the Admin -> System -> Cache Management, check the ‘Refresh Catalog Rewrites’ checkbox and click on ‘Save cache settings’ button in order to get new URL rewrites updated”

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1818/

Magento Community
Magento Community

swill

Total Posts:  2

thank you for your reply. 

i was able to get it working yesterday and i forgot to update this thread.  what you suggested may work, im not sure.

the problem was the following:
in Configuration -> Catalog (admin/system_config/edit/section/catalog/) there were some urls that were not set up correctly by default.
“Category upload url” and “Product upload url” did not have the “Base url” at the beginning, so the source file was not being found correctly. 

hope this helps someone else… smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community