Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mac OS 10.5 - pdo_mysql and mcrypt issues

Prattski

Total Posts:  54

I am trying to install Magento on my computer locally - and everything is going just fine, except I’ve run into a wall now because I don’t have 2 PHP extensions loaded.  Here’s what it says:

PHP Extension “pdo_mysql” must be loaded
PHP Extension “mcrypt” must be loaded

I have searched all over the place to find some answer on how to get this to work - and I’ve tried a number of them - but nothing is working.  Help would be much appreciated!

Image Attachments
magento-issues.jpgphpinfo-pdo.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Chad Stephens

Total Posts:  4

I’m having this same issue, I can’t seem to get the pdo_mysql extension to install on my local Mac.  I haven’t tried the mcrypt extension yet....  Did you ever get this issue resolved?  Can you share the solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  76
UK

Guys, grab a copy of MAMP, it’s so much easier than trying to fix the default installs that come with OSX smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chang

Total Posts:  16

Can some one provide step by step to install pdo_mysql on Mac?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joomlavue

Total Posts:  26
Singapore

@ Prattski:
Your pdo_mysql extension isn’t loaded yet.

To fix it, open up your php.ini and uncomment the following lines:
extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll
extension=php_mcrypt.dll

Save it and restart your apache.

Ed

Magento Community
Magento Community

Greg

Total Posts:  53
Carmel, IN USA

sphynx

Dude!  He’s running MAC OS X 10.5, they don’t do .dll’s!

MAC guys,

I think you’ll find the PHP distro from Mark Liyanage to be the best out there.  It doesn’t require an entirely new Apache, PHP, MySQL install on your server.  I ran this set up for months as Magento was moving toward 1.0

You can find it here:

http://www.entropy.ch/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2945

He calls it a beta because he hasn’t written a .dmg installer yet, but the directions are spot on and complete.  Just take your time and follow them.  You’ll be done tonight.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Claudini

Total Posts:  1

OS X 10.5 -> Here is a discussion which helped me a lot: pdo_mysql Driver Installation

Magento Community
Magento Community

Trevor Jacques

Total Posts:  9
Toronto

Claudini - 05 September 2008 03:02 AM

OS X 10.5 -> Here is a discussion which helped me a lot: pdo_mysql Driver Installation

You can use the instructions Apple now provides at Apple’s OS X Server MySQL libraries download tech note page. This page specifically installs the MySQL libraries, including pdo_mysql. The weird thing is that, after installing it, the php_info does not show it, but the Magento installer DOES see it (after the obligatory restarting of Apache).

This still does not solve the mcrypt or mhash problems for OS X Server (and no, I can’t use any other installation of php or MySQL other then the Apple-installed one).

HTH. grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Romain_C

Total Posts:  74
Hossegor, France

This is great for solving the pdo_mysql extension issue.. but I tried to install Magento from scratch on my local Mac OS X 10.5.6 and some other librairies are missing :
“You are missing the gd extension
You are missing the mcrypt extension
You are missing the pdo_mysql extension”

I’m pretty much sure GD can be installed without any problems as It’s a common library, but has anyone successed the mcrypt install ?
Users that tried to install through MAMP, is mcrypt bundled with it ?

I’ve found this article that seems to be working for many people but it doesn’t for me, anyway if it can help anybody…
http://www.minboost.com/2008/php-for-magento-commerce-on-os-x-leopard

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community