Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Store Just Died - Nobody touched anything

mbguy

Total Posts:  14

Nobody has touched our store since yesterday. All of a sudden, when I went to the site today to see if I could rebuild the site index yet, we got an incredibly large error. The site reverted back to the default template and whether I go to the front end or the admin, we see the info listed on the attached picture.

Any idea why this happened? I am 100% positive that nobody touched the site. Did core code get updated automatically? Did anyone else get this issue?

We are desperately trying to go live and are awaiting the HTTPS and MINI SEARCH fixes to be implemented and have halted all other development until those fixes are released, but now it looks like we may have a MUCH larger issue now.

This is not good at all…

Image Attachments
wtf.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mbguy

within 10 minutes of discovering this, it fixed itself.....??????

so, GREAT!!!! by the time I typed the post, the problem fixed itself. Does anyone know why this happened? At this point, it is not a big deal. I am just afraid this may happen once we go live so would like to figure out who, what, where, why....

very relieved, but now very scared to go live once the other two issues are resolved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

It tells you in the first line. MySQL could not open a file. It is not an issue relating to Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mbguy

so it’s a server issue?

any ideas on why it happened, how to avoid in future?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/MySQL/Troubleshooting-Problems-with-MySQL-Programs/6/

Magento Community
Magento Community

jsperri

Total Posts:  126
Fistufle

This is an error from Mysql, more specificaly, error code 24 means: Too many open files

Check: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/not-enough-file-handles.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

To prevent in the future you should work with your hosting provider to ensure your account and the MYSQL configuration are tuned sufficiently.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community