Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

WYSIWYG editor not working after upgrade to 1.6.2 (Solution and question)

cdnNick

Total Posts:  12

I recently upgraded from 1.3.2.4 to 1.6.2 and the WYSIWYG editor would not work no matter what I tried. The 1.3 version had Fontis installed so i tried cleaning the database up of all the references to this extension but no luck. I noticed in Firebug that it was reporting this error: “tinyMCE is not defined” and referenced the script setup.js and prototype.js under the js folder. I never edited those files so they were default versions.

Tonight I noticed that there is a zptheme folder in app\design\adminhtml\default as soon as I deleted that folder the editor started to work again. This brings me to my question:

What is this folder for and is it need for Magento to work? So far things seem to be working in the admin area.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

omarhab

Total Posts:  11

nobody????

look at my site for product description WYSIWYG problems. It looks good in the admin; why not on the front? if it is css; what is the fix?

I have 1.6.2
ledcityusa.com/v3

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community