Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Old vs New Dataflow file for grouped products

markgts

Total Posts:  2

Hi Everyone,

I am building a site with about 50,000 simple products and 3000 grouped products. From further reading I found that dataflow probably wont handle this, and that Magmi is the way to go.

Now the only issue I have, is after hours and hours of analyising the Magento Dataflow fields, and making my database fields as per what is required in Dataflow Magento 1.6 - I now see that Magmi only supports the old Dataflow........

I think I can get my head around most things to update what I am doing, however - for the new Dataflow for grouped products - the simple products that are a part of the grouped product, are clearly and easily defined in the field “_associated_sku”. But for the old method and for Magmi - I cannot see how to tell Magento which simple products make up the grouped product?? Can someone please help with this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community