Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t find bespoke category to remove from my website. Please Help

Cherry Secret Boutique

Total Posts:  4

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can advise please. I have a magento site http://www.cherrysecretboutique.com and i have just removed all products from the site and categories i used to have as we are changing direction of the site. We used to have an area on the site that linked to a booking form that was located on the dropdown menu called “events & parties” with a subsequent sub category called “Glasgow”. These then linked to an external site and were not really categories however were coded to show as categories. I would also like to be able to delete this, the trouble i’m facing is that i can not delete this bespoke category on the admin panel or when i log into the server as they are not standard categories and therefore do not show up as categories as i think they were coded.

I’m also not techy at all so would really appreciate if anyone could advise how i could find where this category and subcategory would be held so that i can delete.

Many thanks and hope i have made sense here.

Regards
Chris

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mrugeshrocks

Total Posts:  16

Hi Chris,

If these links were statically entered , and coded into files, you can find them in top.phtml file

go to your root directory on server..
then go to

app/design/frontend/your_package/your_theme/template/catalog/navigation/top.phtml

you will find the links in this file…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community