Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

USPS not showing up after upgrade to 1.6.2

FetchDesigns

Total Posts:  124
Chicago, IL

I just upgraded from 1.4.0.1 to 1.6.2 and now my USPS shipping option isn’t showing up at all.  I have it enabled in the admin along with UPS.  UPS is displaying normally, but there isn’t even a spot on the front-end that shows USPS (even to say that there aren’t any available methods for that carrier).  Anyone have any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

FetchDesigns

Chicago, IL

Still no luck on my end.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

FetchDesigns

Chicago, IL

Has anyone else experienced this?  Anyone know why USPS is so flaky in Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

FetchDesigns

Chicago, IL

Alrighty-roo… I seem to have answered my own question.  I added a debug statement to output the XML response from the USPS API in…

app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Usps.php

I placed the statement below right before the return at the end of the _getXmlQuotes() function…

echo '<pre>Response: '.htmlentities($responseBodyENT_QUOTES).'</pre>';//debug

I then added an item to my shopping cart and requested a shipping quote.  The debug statement output this…

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RateV4Response>
    <
Package ID="0">
        <
Error>
            <
Number>-2147219407</Number>
            <
Source>DomesticRatesV4;clsRateV4.ValidateContainer;RateEngineV4.ProcessRequest</Source>
            <
Description>RECTANGULAR is an invalid container type for a REGULAR package and ALL service.</Description>
            <
HelpFile></HelpFile>
            <
HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext>
        </
Error>
    </
Package>
</
RateV4Response>

So apparently Rectangular is no longer valid?  In any event, I changed my container type in the admin to “variable”, removed the debug statement and now everything appears to be working.  Phew!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community