Magento Forum

Release candidates, production version and interfaces/themes. 

jfbonham

Total Posts:  27

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I couldn’t find anyone that asked it. I am just itching to design some themes I might use when we get a production release, and am looking at my future schedule for work I might want to do on Magento.

I am aware that with the preview releases we are advised to do fresh installs and start again with our themes. But I was wondering, if (as suggested on the production release announcement) there are going to be release candidate(s) before the full 1.0 production release, will there possibly be changes between these in terms of the interface-theme setup?

In other words, if I create a theme with an upcoming release candidate, will I then need to recreate it from scratch on the production release?

Sorry if I am jumping the gun! Loving Magento so far.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

jfbonham - Thanks for trying Magento. We are in Beta as you mentioned and do not recommend anyone to start production work with Magento at the time. That said I feel that the templates structure is close to final. Since we are adding functionality to the system almost daily I would expect that there will be some changes that you will have to do with every release but if you are working on skinning Magento or working with the layouts that should not affect your work.

I hope that helps.

thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

jfbonham

Total Posts:  27

Thanks, that’s what I was hoping to hear. I think I will just be working on skinning and some basic layout and template changes for now. Loving the modular flexibility of it, it’s a real improvement on other solutions.

James

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community