Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.
For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want the iPhone theme to run, do the following:
1. Download the iPhone theme via Magento Connect.
2. Go to your store configuration (System -> Configuration) then select the Design option under the General section.
3. Go to the the Themes panel.
4. Add an exception for each of the following: Templates, Skin, Layout, default
5. For each exception enter the following data:
Matched expression = iPhone|iPod
Value = iphone
(see the attachment for a visual)
Hit the save button - test it on your iphone
Please note: This worked for me, might not work for you or your version of Magento. I am using Magento ver. 22.214.171.124 with latest iPhone extension. I’m not really going to be able to answer any questions about this - I just got luck and wanted to share the info with you.
I have my iPhone from the very 1st Generation… After I installed the iPhone theme and activated as instructed, my iPhone replied “Safari could not found server, or server is not responding"… when I use my PC, the website works just fine.
Please help! I can’t view my store from iPhone… Since iPhone is using Safari, not IE or FireFox.