Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Disable Persistent Cart - Still Using persistent template :(

opticempireau

Total Posts:  6

Hi Guys,

So i upgraded to 1.6.2.0 i noticed my custom field on order form was failing.

so i tested and when i updated the billing.phtml i couldnt see any updated changes.

The i found out as of 1.6 persistent cart was added, so i copied across /www/app/design/frontend/default/amber/template/persistent/checkout/onepage/ files into my custom theme.

If i edit the billing file in the persistent template the text shows up. But if i disable persistent in the admin area, its still pulling the billing.phtml template from the persistent folder.

I cant get it to use the normal /www/app/design/frontend/default/amber/template/checkout/onepage/ billing.phtml file *which is needed for my custom field mod) even with persistent disabled in admin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TheTobi

Total Posts:  3

Hi opticempireau,

I got the same issue as you, do you know if it’s gonna be fixed in 1.7? Or is it submitted as a bug already?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tferrara

Total Posts:  1

If you turn off both Enterprise_Persistent and Mage_Persistent the cart should revert to the non-persistent form.

If’s best to update the xml files in /app/etc/modules and make active “false”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

merchantguru

Total Posts:  133
San Francisco

I can confirm tferrara’s fix - disabling the persistent shopping cart module restores the default template hierarchy, i.e., app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/billing.html will correctly become the default template, or app/design/frontend/default/yourtemplate/template/checkout/onepage/billing.html if you override it in your template’s directory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

merchantguru

San Francisco

I’ve just come across this same bug(?) again for another client’s theme, this time on 1.7.0.2. For some reason, the one page checkout is reading:

app/design/frontend/base/default/template/persistent/checkout/onepage/login.phtml

Instead of

app/design/frontend/default/mytheme/template/checkout/onepage/login.phtml

Even though persistent checkout is disabled in the admin. I’ve now disabled Mage_Persistent.xml, and it’s reading the correct login.phtml. But I’m afraid this issue may creep up elsewhere in the theme I’m upgrading, and I’d like to understand what’s going on.

Does anyone know what the cause might be?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ninasusan

Total Posts:  1

I do have the same problem. Pulling login and registration template from presistent folder. How to make it from customer/form/login.phtml and register.phtml? Any suggestions??

Magento Community
Magento Community

merchantguru

San Francisco

I wish I could help, but I never figured it out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Malik0092

Total Posts:  12

seems old post but someone may need a proper solution for it. sometimes you might need it back. so i got a better solution
edit your layout file at app/design/frontend/base/default/layout/persistent.xml or of your theme layout folder.

find all the action tags that are used to set template. as following

<action method="setTemplate"><template>persistent/customer/form/login.phtml</template></action>
<
action method="setTemplate"><template>persistent/customer/form/register.phtml</template></action>
<
action method="setTemplate"><template>persistent/checkout/onepage/login.phtml</template></action>
<
action method="setTemplate"><template>persistent/checkout/onepage/billing.phtml</template></action>
and replace them with
<action method="setTemplate" ifconfig="persistent/options/enabled"><template>persistent/customer/form/login.phtml</template></action>
<
action method="setTemplate" ifconfig="persistent/options/enabled"><template>persistent/customer/form/register.phtml</template></action>
<
action method="setTemplate" ifconfig="persistent/options/enabled"><template>persistent/checkout/onepage/login.phtml</template></action>
<
action method="setTemplate" ifconfig="persistent/options/enabled"><template>persistent/checkout/onepage/billing.phtml</template>

and refresh your cache. Now your persistent cart will solely depend on your admin configurations. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community