Magento Forum

store credit not showing at checkout

magentosuccess

Total Posts:  18

I enabled store credit in the backend under customer configuration, applied store credit to an account and verified that store credit was in the account by logging into that account on the frontside and when I go checkout it doesn’t give me the option to apply that store credit on the payment methods.

I’m using the Enterprise version, is there something I’m missing here?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

anbarns

Total Posts:  1

I’m having the exact same issue and can’t figure out what’s going on. Everything is set up correctly, there is just no option to apply store credit during the one page checkout.

Any help great appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

protherj

Total Posts:  3

Anyone have a solution to this?  Same issue here…

Thanks,
Jason

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentosuccess

Total Posts:  18

Be sure to look at checkout.xml to make sure the block is in the file. Some templates for example don’t come customized for Enterprise fully.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hrm143

Total Posts:  12

magentosuccess - 31 May 2012 03:20 PM

Be sure to look at checkout.xml to make sure the block is in the file. Some templates for example don’t come customized for Enterprise fully.

Hi, what is the code i have to exactly add for the block? Also am not sure, there are two checkout.xml both in the base layout and the custom theme layout..plz help..

Magento Community
Magento Community

CTMag

The block in question is as follows:

<action method="addItemRender"><type>giftcard</type><block>enterprise_giftcard/checkout_cart_item_renderer</block><template>checkout/cart/item/default.phtml</template></action>

You can find it’s context by going to /app/design/frontend/enterprise/default/layout/checkout.xml. Make sure that whatever theme you have setup has it included.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hbraun

Total Posts:  8
Hartland WI

This IS in my template and my store credit is still not showing up, any other ideas??

Magento Community
Magento Community

CTMag

Did you make sure it’s in your layouts/catalog.xml file for the theme? When you say template it makes me think you’re talking about the .phtml file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hbraun

Hartland WI

What am I looking for? I checked the checkout.xml file referenced above and the code is listed there.

Meghan

Magento Community
Magento Community

CTMag

You are for sure using Magento Enterprise, correct (not community, as this feature isn’t included with that version)? If so, can you try reverting back to the stock theme (go to the admin area, config, and set the template/theme fields under Design->General to be empty), and see if it shows up? If it doesn’t, something is wrong with your installation/you’re missing some files.

If it does work in stock, then re-enable your custom theme, and then systematically go through and temporarily rename/delete each file that could be the culprit; for example, rename that custom .xml file to checkout.xml.bak, and then do the same for your .phtml files, one at a time until you’ve narrowed it down to a single file. Then you can compare your “bad” file with the stock Magento version and find out what you’re not including.

Best of luck (isn’t Magento a blast...)!

Magento Community
Magento Community

hbraun

Hartland WI

Thanks for the help but we found it in this file:

app/design/frontend/my-theme/my-theme/template/checkout/onepage/payment.phtml

and yes we are using enterprise with multiple websites / store views.

Magento Community
Magento Community

robertocas

Total Posts:  7
México

Hi, i had the same problem.

If you have a custom package design you could be this problem, the reason it’s seems Magento doesn’t load the enterprises layout or templates in a custom package.

My solution was copy the template located in:

design/frontend/enterprise/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment.html

Into your custom package

design/frontend/yourpackage/yourtheme/template/checkout/onepage/

Or if you already have this template, you just have to make sure or write this code:

<form action="" id="co-payment-form">
    <
fieldset>

<?php echo $this->getChildChildHtml('methods_additional'''truetrue?>
        <?php 
echo $this->getChildHtml('methods'?>

</fieldset>
</
form>

The key is in the block methods_additional.

The seems process would be to the layout, copy this file:

design/frontend/enterprise/default/layout/checkout.xml

into

design/frontend/yourpackage/yourtheme/layout/

Or if you already have this file in your custom theme, try to let this handles like that:

<block type="checkout/onepage_payment" name="checkout.onepage.payment" as="payment" template="checkout/onepage/payment.phtml">
                    <
block type="checkout/onepage_payment_methods" name="checkout.payment.methods" as="methods" template="checkout/onepage/payment/methods.phtml">
                        <
action method="setMethodFormTemplate"><method>purchaseorder</method><template>payment/form/purchaseorder.phtml</template></action>
                    </
block>
                    <
block type="core/template" name="checkout.onepage.payment.additional" as="additional" />
                    <
block type="core/template" name="checkout.onepage.payment.methods_additional" as="methods_additional" />
                </
block>

And this one:

<checkout_onepage_paymentmethod>
        <
remove name="right"/>
        <
remove name="left"/>

<
block type="checkout/onepage_payment_methods" name="root" output="toHtml" template="checkout/onepage/payment/methods.phtml">
            <
action method="setMethodFormTemplate"><method>purchaseorder</method><template>payment/form/purchaseorder.phtml</template></action>
            <
block type="core/template" name="checkout.onepage.payment.methods.scripts" as="scripts" />
            <
block type="core/template" name="checkout.onepage.payment.methods.additional" as="additional" />
        </
block>
    </
checkout_onepage_paymentmethod>

Hope it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hrm143

Total Posts:  12

robertocas - 21 February 2013 02:42 AM

Hi, i had the same problem.

If you have a custom package design you could be this problem, the reason it’s seems Magento doesn’t load the enterprises layout or templates in a custom package.

My solution was copy the template located in:

design/frontend/enterprise/default/template/checkout/onepage/payment.html

Into your custom package

design/frontend/yourpackage/yourtheme/template/checkout/onepage/

Or if you already have this template, you just have to make sure or write this code:

<form action="" id="co-payment-form">
    <
fieldset>

<?php echo $this->getChildChildHtml('methods_additional'''truetrue?>
        <?php 
echo $this->getChildHtml('methods'?>

</fieldset>
</
form>

The key is in the block methods_additional.

The seems process would be to the layout, copy this file:

design/frontend/enterprise/default/layout/checkout.xml

into

design/frontend/yourpackage/yourtheme/layout/

Or if you already have this file in your custom theme, try to let this handles like that:

<block type="checkout/onepage_payment" name="checkout.onepage.payment" as="payment" template="checkout/onepage/payment.phtml">
                    <
block type="checkout/onepage_payment_methods" name="checkout.payment.methods" as="methods" template="checkout/onepage/payment/methods.phtml">
                        <
                    </
block>
                    <
block type="core/template" name="checkout.onepage.payment.additional" as="additional" />
                    <
block type="core/template" name="checkout.onepage.payment.methods_additional" as="methods_additional" />
                </
block>

And this one:

<checkout_onepage_paymentmethod>
        <
remove name="right"/>
        <
remove name="left"/>

<
block type="checkout/onepage_payment_methods" name="root" output="toHtml" template="checkout/onepage/payment/methods.phtml">
            <
            <
block type="core/template" name="checkout.onepage.payment.methods.scripts" as="scripts" />
            <
block type="core/template" name="checkout.onepage.payment.methods.additional" as="additional" />
        </
block>
    </
checkout_onepage_paymentmethod>

Hope it helps.

I installed iwd_onepagecheckout-2.1.10 Enterprise version; added the blocks in layout xml; added payment.html in the module..but it is not showing up the store credit/reward point method. Am not a techie..trying to figure out for weeks; hope somebody can help

anyone can freely download the module for both CE & EE from this link
http://www.interiorwebdesign.com/magento/magento-one-step-checkout-module.html

If anyone can do some custom work and share; I will be very thankful

Magento Community
Magento Community

jordanbaker

Total Posts:  1
Waunakee, WI

I stumbled upon this thread after having an identical issue, and I wanted to provide a brief summary of how we were able to solve this solution, so that anyone else who stumbles here can have some additional assistance.

Our problem was identical to that first mentioned: we would enable Magento to accept store credit, however the customer UI was not displaying any information. Like the above comments, this generally appears to be due to the theme not having the additional EE hooks inside it.

If you are reading this thread today, I would recommend trying the following:

1. Follow robertocas\’s post, which guides you through manually adding the frontend checkout hooks into your theme. For clarity:
- the first block of code will most like only involve adding the \"getChildChildHtml\" line to your theme.
- the second block of code goes within <checkout_onepage_index> inside that file. You should see most of the XML posted above in the XML document: you\’re just adding a couple lines.
- the third block of code can likely be a wholesale replace of <checkout_onepage_paymentmethod> in side your XML file. Like the previous two, though, the functional change is just adding a couple lines.

2. Look in the enterprise theme that came with your Magento instance, and find the \"customerbalance\" layout and template file. If neither of these files are in your store\’s theme, copy/paste these files/folders into your theme. (this is the piece not mentioned above)

When I did these parts, I was able to get most of the workflow-based elements of the store credit added to the site. At some point the future, I need to look at a default enterprise-skinned store to make sure I have all the ancillary pieces added, but I\’m not at that point yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community