Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin Area Payment Processing

r557

Total Posts:  29

I’m looking to configure my store in a way that allows Store Administrators to use Magento as a POS system.

Here’s what i would like to accomplish.  I will have 3 stores.  2 will be internet, and 1 will be a retail store (bricks & mortar).

The internet is pretty straight forward, but i was thinking we could use magento as a POS solution for the retail store.  It’s in a small town, so the speed of the process is not as much of a big deal as it would be if you were target/walmart etc.

I would like to be able to just go into admin > sales > orders > create orders to handle the order processing for the retail (bricks & mortar) store.

It somewhat works if i use Check / Money order.  It will allow me to create the order in the admin area without specifying CC etc.  The retail store has it’s own process for debit card processing, cash etc.  The catch is once i enabled Check / Money Order, it’s available in all stores.  I explored the Configuration Scope, but it only seems to allow me to change the title of the payment gateway and not limit which stores have access to use that gateway.

I don’t want to have to create a seperate website, as i would like all customer data such as order history etc. to be shared amongst all stores.  Or is it possible to share customer data between websites?

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community