Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable to Login to MagentoConnect Manager

C0Rruptr

Total Posts:  3

Magento ver. 1.2.0.1 works for everything except MagentoConnect Manager.  When I attempt to login to the Manager, I get the error “HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed” with an explanation of “The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because the page address is incorrect.” This is the same error that I received while using 1.1.8.

I’m using “ISAPI Rewrite 3 Lite” from Helicontech to handle the mod_rewrite function in IIS.  It works very well for the catalog itself. The administrative site works ... except for this MagentoConnect Manager error.

I’ve placed Magento as a subdomain root instead of being a subfolder:  http://magento.smarternetwork.ath.cx

Here is my server configuration:
Web Server: IIS 5.00.2195.6620
PHP: 5.2.6

Thank you for your help using MagentoConnect Manager.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gitxsanartist

Total Posts:  2

I am also running Magento on Windows.  However, I decided to reinstall the shopping cart in the web root folder of my site and not in a sub-folder.  Seems to be working fine however I had to comment out these lines in my index.php file:

if (!file_exists($mageFilename)) {

#if (is_dir('downloader')) {

header("Location: downloader");

#} else {
     #   echo $mageFilename." was not found";
    #}
    #exit;
}

otherwise it gives me this error:

app/mage was not found

Everything seems to be working fine however I did notice that no matter what I do to the permissions I can’t get MagentoConnect to work.

I keep getting this error:

Error: Please check for sufficient write file permissions
Your Magento folder does not have sufficient write permissions, which this web based downloader requires.

If you wish to proceed downloading Magento packages online, please set all Magento folders to have writable permission for the web server user (example: apache) and press the “Refresh” button to try again.

I am running Windows 2003 Server with IIS.

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated.  You can email me direct at nathan@wilkersonart.com if you like.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Steve Morton

Hi, me too, however, not installed on Windows.

My new magento is instaled on Linux CentOS, under Plesk

Everything seems to work except connect manager (so, I can’t do updated, install needed extensions etc) through the web interface.

No Mod Rewrites, No SSL, just a fresh install of Magento on Linux.

Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

deebocean

the same here

Magento Community
Magento Community

deebocean

this solution from: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9273/P15/ worked for me

Bryan Sayler - 15 November 2008 10:56 PM

The above worked for me as well!

I have found using the following permissions fixes this issue:

index.php in root directory - 644

/downloader/ - 755

/downloader/index.php - 755

Worked like a charm as soon as I did this!

Magento Community
Magento Community

C0Rruptr

Thanks deebocean.  Unfortunately, I haven’t had the same experience.  After reading your post, I changed all permissions on the downloader folder to “Full Access”.  Perhaps there are some subtleties that I’m missing in the translation from “755” to “read/write, read, read”, but I would expect that giving IUSR_[machine name] unfettered access would be more than adequate.  It appears to be some other issue.  My bet is with the mod_rewrite.  I defer to smarter souls to say what is the “right” way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tamer Higazi

People… I am going nuts! I have installed magento commerce on my machine and run it as a virtual host installation… it runs nice only NOT with magento-connect, which prodices me this output:

Warning: include(Maged/View.php[function.include]failed to open streamNo such file or directory in /webFolder/ciatropical/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 73

Warning
: include() [function.include]Failed opening 'Maged/View.php' for inclusion (include_path='/webFolder/ciatropical/app/code/local:/webFolder/ciatropical/app/code/community:/webFolder/ciatropical/app/code/core:/webFolder/ciatropical/lib:/usr/lib64/php'in /webFolder/ciatropical/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 73

Fatal error
: Class 'Maged_View' not found in /webFolder/ciatropical/downloader/Maged/Controller.php on line 221

and I am at all not getting smart getting it solved. However, this is “magento Version 1.2.1” from today running on Gentoo Linux with PHP 5.2.6 on Apache 2

for any help, I would thank you guys very much.

Tamer

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Hi Tamer Higazi,

The error says that it cannot find the Maged/View.php file. That sounds obvious because it should be Mage/View.php (without d).
Which version is it ? Did you install extensions ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

allfaltus

Total Posts:  1

Hi, could get magento connect manager to work by doing the following:

When you click the link in Magento admin for Magento connect manager the link is something like this:

http://localhost/magento/downloader/?return=http://localhost/magento/index.php/admin/

Change that to

http://localhost/magento/downloader/index.php

And that’s it - enter your login details and it worked for me.
Hope this helps.

BTW, I was getting HTTP 405 Resource not allowed error on IIS.

Tejpal

Magento Community
Magento Community

samuels83

when i try to use magento connect i get this:

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/ravefloo/public_html/includes/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR.php’ (include_path=’/home/ravefloo/public_html/includes/downloader/pearlib/php:/home/ravefloo/public_html/includes/src:.:/usr/local/php52/pear’) in /home/ravefloo/public_html/includes/src/Varien/Pear.php on line 265

i tried to reinstall the downloader folder as recommended by another thread but did not help.

really need some help on this

chris

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community