Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extremly slow to save products after 1.6.2 upgrade

opticempireau

Total Posts:  6

After an upgrade to 1.6.2 with several issues - which ive been able to solve. initially i had a issue with the rewrite URL indexing - which i fixed after finding out the 1.6.2 upgrade seemed to remove the “null” attribute from the core rewrite / product_id column. Anyway that aside

When we are saving products we find that its often taking several minutes to complete. the admin advised once she also got the error.

serilization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock, try restarting the application

we cleared the logs at the suggestion of others and i havent see that problem return. however its taking ages to save.

when i run “mytop” at the time i can see a query that is just sitting there

Query UPDATE `sales_flat_quote` SET `trigger_recollect` = ‘1’ WHERE (entity_id IN((SELECT DISTINCT `sales_flat_quote_item`.`quote_id` FROM `sales_ .... (the rest is cut off)

Does anyone have any suggestions for me - its really annoying.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

opticempireau

Total Posts:  6

Fixed mine - i did a write up of it here . in the end a DB fixed it for some reason the update missed alot of things with the DB

Fixed: Slow Saving Magento Products

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Indeed when a large number of goods and attributes need to be saved, backend works very slow, as each time you save data the system re-indexes the goods through the entire catalog.

Asynchronous Re-indexing is a solution of this problem. When a product or category is saved it is not immediately re-indexed, but put into a queue. The queue is re-indexed in the background. This greatly speeds up the backend. This mechanism is implemented by using an extension of http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MPro

Total Posts:  20

There is simple module resolving this problem (Catalog database Accelerator) which is removing unnecessary Magento indexing and other processes on products that are not effected by the save. Extension drastically reduces catalog database product save time, speeding up the Magento backend work

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community