Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

web service roles do not save and cache issues
 
cmartin19
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  17
Joined:  2010-07-13
 

Hi I noticed that the System > Web Service > Roles will not save after I select the roles options and press ‘save’.  This feature worked in magento 1.5.0.  Also, I noticed there are caching issues in that magento 1.6.2 will show an older cached page that is remedied if the browser cache is flushed.  I have magento booster cache extension in place and I don’t know if that is what is causing the different cached versions of the page to be displayed.  Thanks for help

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
John
Sr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  129
Joined:  2007-12-20
Sheffield, United Kingdom
 

I have just noticed this on Magento 1.6.2 - I have lost web service access as the role is set to custom with nothing selected.  When saved and you go back and look you get the same custom with nothing selected.

Anyone have the same issue or more importantly anyone not have this issue with 1.6.2?

Regards
John

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
orsongygi
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  1
Joined:  2011-01-04
 

Currently upgraded to 1.6.2 Community.  We are experiencing the same issue with web service roles not saving once the “all” config is selected or individual boxes checked in custom config find any solutions that work.  Any suggestions would be extremely helpful!
Thanks!

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
John
Sr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  129
Joined:  2007-12-20
Sheffield, United Kingdom
 

Got it:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthr<br>ead/198089/viewthread/247316/#t369217

Regards
John

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
John
Sr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  129
Joined:  2007-12-20
Sheffield, United Kingdom
 

Sorry - looks like the URL was wrong

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/247316

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
theamazingdrew
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  3
Joined:  2012-02-24
 

Thanks John.

I followed the directions on the link John provided, and it’s made no impact. I’m using 1.6.2 on an Ubuntu 10.04 server.

*UPDATE* You need to clear your cache after you make the code change. Works great now.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Back to top