Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t access magento connect

spikeycz

Total Posts:  12

hi, after i’ve updated our magento store to version 1.2.0.1 i can’t access magento connect. Frontend and backend works fine after i’ve fixed a few issues, but when i click maggento connect from admin this is what i get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage::isinstalled() in /data/www/dvdautoradia.cz/www.dvdautoradia.cz/downloader/Maged/Controller.php on line 384

i’ve tried to put there the whole downloader folder from my backed up 1.1.8 version, that worked but there was nothing in the list where should be the versions atc…

some clues?

thanks!

petr

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I encountered exactly the same fatal error when trying to access Magento Connect Manager.  Yesterday, I followed the instructions on http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/upgrade_using_magento_connect:

In the admin go to System/Magento Connect/Magento Connect Manager

Paste magento-core/Mage_All_Latest into Paste extension key to install:, then click Install

You may get a message like this(and more) in the pear window below

magento-core/Mage_All_Latest requires package “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” (version >= 1.1.8, version ⇐ 1.2, excluded versions: 1.2), installed version is 1.1.6

At the far right of Manage Existing Extensions click Check for Upgrades

Rows of packages with available upgrades will now be yellow.

Chose the latest version in every rows select.

Now click Commit Changes.

Now again, paste magento-core/Mage_All_Latest into Paste extension key to install:, then click Install.

After the first step, I had unpacking errors:

ERROR: unable to unpack C:\wamp\www\mywebsite\downloader\pearlib\download\Lib_LinLibertineFont-1.1.1.tgz
install ok: channel://pear.php.net/Archive_Tar-1.3.2
install ok: channel://pear.php.net/Structures_Graph-1.0.2
install ok: channel://pear.php.net/Console_Getopt-1.2.3
install ok: channel://pear.php.net/PEAR-1.7.2
install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Pear_Helpers-1.0.18800
install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Google_Checkout-1.2.0
install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Js_Calendar-1.2.0
install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Js_Prototype-1.2.0
ERROR: unable to unpack C:\wamp\www\mywebsite\downloader\pearlib\download\Lib_Js_Ext-1.0.18800.tgz
ERROR: unable to unpack C:\wamp\www\mywebsite\downloader\pearlib\download\Lib_ZF_Locale-1.7.2.tgz
install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Downloader-1.2.0
install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Js_Mage-1.2.0
ERROR: unable to unpack C:\wamp\www\mywebsite\downloader\pearlib\download\Lib_ZF-1.7.2.tgz
ERROR: unable to unpack C:\wamp\www\mywebsite\downloader\pearlib\download\Lib_Varien-1.2.0.tgz
ERROR: unable to unpack C:\wamp\www\mywebsite\downloader\pearlib\download\Mage_Core_Modules-1.2.0.1.tgz
ERROR: unable to unpack C:\wamp\www\mywebsite\downloader\pearlib\download\Mage_Core_Adminhtml-1.2.0.1.tgz
ERROR: unable to unpack C:\wamp\www\mywebsite\downloader\pearlib\download\Interface_Frontend_Default-1.2.0.1.tgz
ERROR: unable to unpack C:\wamp\www\mywebsite\downloader\pearlib\download\Interface_Install_Default-1.2.0.1.tgz
ERROR: unable to unpack C:\wamp\www\mywebsite\downloader\pearlib\download\Interface_Adminhtml_Default-1.2.0.1.tgz
install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_All_Latest-1.2.0.1

Then I followed the next step and clicked on “Check for Upgrades” and immediately I received the fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage::isinstalled() in C:\wamp\www\mywebsite\downloader\Maged\Controller.php on line 384

The frontend and backend do not seem to be affected. But every time I try to access Magento Connect Manager, I have the same fatal error. Anyone knows of a way to resolve this. Thank you.

Well, actually, the backend is not working too well.  I can’t save and I can’t load images in product edit. Now I can’t do any work anymore.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LarMan128

Total Posts:  14

i just tried upgrading from 1.1.8 to 1.2.0.1 and recieved the same error as the first post. Now in the backend i get a bunch of 404 error page not found. my front end is all messed up...Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

theapokalypsis

Total Posts:  6

Hi All,

I had the same issue, turns out in the end for me it was file permissions. check your apache error logs from your host if you can. I should of done that A LOT EARLIER. dang hosts these days… i much prefer my local server and actually showing errors when they happen mid request smile.

Also,

check out the pear.ini file in /downloader/pearlib/

It could be that the path names to the pear modules are not right (ex they are a local server path for testing or something).

regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ImporterB

Total Posts:  8

wow… i get the same error but i didnt even get to update it. I uploaded the 1.2 files into the downloader directory, went to the magento connect screen and out pops this error. Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage::isinstalled() in /home/kingkong/public_html/danielsondirect.com/downloader/Maged/Controller.php on line 384

do you need to upgrade 1.1.6 to 1.1.8 before going to 1.2??

Magento Community
Magento Community

ttwhy

Total Posts:  70

i dont think that upgradeing to a differend version will take any effect.
as far as i understand “theapokalypsis” the error is related to insufficant file permissions, which will not be checked befor updateing.

Is it possible to replace the files by hand?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ttwhy

Total Posts:  70

i think i found a solution which i described here:

How to fix it DIRTY!

Its with as much warning signs as possible but i thems to work. Backup your Files and the Database befor your try. NO Guarantee !

Magento Community
Magento Community

ImporterB

Total Posts:  8

Just to let you know, I ended up installing 1.1.8 and it worked fine. 1.2 didnt work for me.  I didnt need to change anything to get 1.1.8 to install. Now that 1.1.8 is installed ... I will try 1.2 when I get around to it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

REDMobile

Total Posts:  42

It seems that the upgrade does not complete sometimes. I had this error, too, so I went to

/downloader/Maged/Controller.php

line 384
return Mage::isInstalled();

replace with

return true;; // Mage::isInstalled();

(so you can put this back when fixed)

i then got the same error for another class
/downloader/Maged/Session.php

line 33

if (class_exists('Mage') && Mage::isInstalled()) {

replace with

return true;; // Mage::isInstalled();

I then could access Magento Connect and I reran the upgrade - magento-core/Mage_All_Latest and Install

I put back the above code and it all seems to be working now.

Hope that helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

oinkoink

Total Posts:  11

techgryll, thanks for the advise on the panel, it helped to a certain extent but have a few questions:

1) Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage::isinstalled() in /var/www/vhosts/inkinkink.ca/httpdocs/estore/downloader/Maged/Model/Session.php on line 34 is the current error i have and I dont quite know how to insert the

return true;; clause in an if statement. I tried nulling out the whole if statement and replacing it with the return true clause and it still does not work.

Furthermore, I was not able to locate /downloader/Maged/Session.php but was able to locate the Session.php in /downloader/Maged/Model/Session.php , am I in the right place for this? Please advise. Thanks for all ur help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community