Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Lost admin skin, layout and templates. 

JeffreyKarbowski

Total Posts:  23

Reinstalled through SimpleScripts after a failed attempt at Mage_All or whatever it is through the Connection Manager. The frontend seems to be fine, but nothing changes with the layout/template files that I have in place for the admin. I have been forced to alter the default pages and images for the admin which works fine, but obviously undesirable. Please help, thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Senator

Total Posts:  37

More or less same here.  I don’t see any of my template customizations ever since the upgrade - and I’m really not sure why.  Any ideas would be welcome!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Senator

I’ve even tried starting a new skin from scratch, just a few modifications to ensure that it’s looking in the right place.  Unfortunately, no results.  What in the world is going on here?

Magento Community
Magento Community

woodmage2

Total Posts:  2

I have also had this issue.  Its like you cannot override the skins and designs for the adminhtml now.  This is not a huge deal for me right now but I would like to get it fixed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Senator

woodmage2 - 05 January 2009 11:23 AM

I have also had this issue.  Its like you cannot override the skins and designs for the adminhtml now.  This is not a huge deal for me right now but I would like to get it fixed.

I haven’t tried yet, but can you override the skins for the frontend, at least?  You’re right, the admin skin is kinda secondary…

Magento Community
Magento Community

woodmage2

Total Posts:  2

Yeah, I don’t have any issue with the frontend stores, we have several up on one install of magento and they all retained their designs and are working just fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community