Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade doesn’t do anything

r557

Total Posts:  29

I ran an update through Magento connect to 1.2, updates seemed to have been successful through magento connect, but when i’m logged into the admin it doesn’t seem as though anything has happened.

I do not see any new features, in the footer it still says Magento ver. 1.0.19870.  The downloader seems to be pretty straight forward so i’m not certain what i could have possibly done wrong…

I enjoy the interface/functionality of magento, but the maintenance of the product is starting to become a bit of a nightmare…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

r557

Total Posts:  29

Here is a sample of my Magento Connect Manager after i run the update.

Image Attachments
screen.pngUntitled-2.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Stanley Lim

Total Posts:  8

r557 - 01 January 2009 11:50 AM

I ran an update through Magento connect to 1.2, updates seemed to have been successful through magento connect, but when i’m logged into the admin it doesn’t seem as though anything has happened.

The very same happened to me too.. I upgraded from 1.1.8 to 1.2.1 but all my footers still reflect that I’m running on 1.1.8…

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

Have you cleared your cache?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community