Magento Forum

Buyers Click Checkout and it Doesn’t Go Through to PayPal, but clears the cart

Frumble

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

This is my first ever post on the Magento forums and I am looking for some help or advice with a problem we are having at the moment.

We have used Magento for a few weeks now without any problems but recently customers have been informing me that when they have gone through the process of shopping and have everything in their cart then they go through the checkout process and fill out all their details and click on ‘Place Order’ it is not directing them to Paypal but it just goes back the the cart, which is now empty.

At our end, the order comes through as payment pending and I can see all the order, address etc… but obviously it hasn’t been paid for as they never got to enter their Paypal details.

We are using PayPal and The ‘Website Payments Standard’ option only..

I have had some problems recently with the server we are running on as on a couple of occasions it has been very very slow. But this doesn’t seem to be a problem today and yet one order has failed. Might the traffic/server speed be something that is affecting this?

Any advice would be welcomed, as we don’t know what to do now but customers are placing orders that aren’t getting through and sometimes they are not coming back to complete the order or try again.

We are using magento 1.6.1.0

Thanks
Mat

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Frumble

Hi,

We think the problem maybe because of a slow server, any thoughts anyone? I have got an Internal Server Error 500 this morning too but just once briefly…

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Frumble

This is happening on more or less every order through our site now!
Is there anyone who might be able to shed some light or help?

I am losing sales & customers.

Thanks
Mat

Magento Community
Magento Community

sundeepchugani

Total Posts:  3

Hi Mat

Did you find a solution to this?

We are having the same problem :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

manning33

Total Posts:  1

I have found a couple of the same forums with the same question.  Nobody has answered them.  I have the same problem.  Using paypal advance.  Click process order and nothing.  Click it again and it just clears out the cart.  Using 1.7.0.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

jhigby
Magento Team

Austin, TX

Hey Mat,

I’m not aware of any PayPal outages.  You can always check if PayPal is having problems here: https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/documentation-tools/site-status

It really sounds to me like you’re having network connectivity issues between your Magento server and PayPal.  If you have access to the server - you should trying bringing up a browser and then try to connect to a PayPal URL like https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr

You could also just “ping paypal.com” from a command line window and see what the response time is like.

Bottom line is that this sounds like a problem with your Magento server/network configuration since it worked before and then becamce intermittent - plus PayPal itself has not been down.

Thanks,
Jon

Magento Community
Magento Community

jhigby
Magento Team

Austin, TX

Hey “manning33”,

Can you provide more information on the problem you’re having with PayPal Payments Advanced?

Specifically - is the customer seeing the credit card entry fields?  Those fields are rendered by PayPal Payments Advanced within an iframe on the checkout page.  If the fields are displaying, then it means your network connectivity to PayPal is fine and it’s a different problem than the other poster (Mat).

Thanks,
Jon

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community