Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Buyers Click Checkout and it Doesn’t Go Through to PayPal, but clears the cart

Frumble

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

This is my first ever post on the Magento forums and I am looking for some help or advice with a problem we are having at the moment.

We have used Magento for a few weeks now without any problems but recently customers have been informing me that when they have gone through the process of shopping and have everything in their cart then they go through the checkout process and fill out all their details and click on ‘Place Order’ it is not directing them to Paypal but it just goes back the the cart, which is now empty.

At our end, the order comes through as payment pending and I can see all the order, address etc… but obviously it hasn’t been paid for as they never got to enter their Paypal details.

We are using PayPal and The ‘Website Payments Standard’ option only..

I have had some problems recently with the server we are running on as on a couple of occasions it has been very very slow. But this doesn’t seem to be a problem today and yet one order has failed. Might the traffic/server speed be something that is affecting this?

Any advice would be welcomed, as we don’t know what to do now but customers are placing orders that aren’t getting through and sometimes they are not coming back to complete the order or try again.

We are using magento 1.6.1.0

Thanks
Mat

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Frumble

Total Posts:  5

I have asked this in the wrong place and created a new post over at:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/272575/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community