but this did not work for me on 1.6.1 so here is what I did:
1. turn off compilations and clear out the cache (you can run the compiler again after you are done)
2. goto: config > payment methods > Zero Subtotal Checkout - and enable it, I also change the title to “Offline Payment”
3. Using FTP locate the file “Free.php” it’s in the following location: /app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Model/Method
4. download the file and open it with an editor, then look for the following lines (line 48)
6. Now you need to create a local path to upload the “Free.php” file you have edited, this is so that it will be safe to upgrade Magento in the future without overwriting the edited file. To do this create folders in the “local” directory to match the location of the core file (If you are new to this, make sure you take note of the capital letters used in some of the folder names eg Mage not mage)
so: /app/code/local/Mage/Payment/Model/Method/Free.php instead of /app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Model/Method/Free.php
7. If you are running your store with the compilations tools on, you will need to click the “run compilations Process” again
And that’s it, you should now have the option to process orders via the backend without having to take a payment.
I’ve tried that Simple Payment Method for Admin and its perfect for just letting you create an order in the admin and use a separate Virtual Terminal to pay.
Except that one of my clients really wants to be able to use Realex and Paypal for manual orders created in the admin. I’ve tried lots of things like adding the following strings to the various php files associated with the different payment methods:
I can get Paypal Express to appear as a payment option when creating an order in the admin but it gives errors about invalid token when you try to submit the order.
Still can’t get them to work properly, anyone have any ideas? Im on Magento 1.6.2 but I see Magento v1.7 is now allowing payment methods to be enabled in the Admin, is Paypal even possible to use in the admin of v1.7? Or preferably Realex...?