Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Use a Copy of an Existing Site

r557

Total Posts:  29

I have a business case where i need to have 2 seperate websites (databases and all).

I have an existing site now, which is built on Magento ver. 1.0.19870.

I attempted to create a copy of the folder, copied tables & data into a new db, changed connection string in /app/etc/local.xml to point to new db user/database.

When i attempted to hit the site, it always goes to a blank page with the following appended to the end of the url, /report/?id=80115141&s;=default.

There is no cache enabled on the site, so wondering why it isn’t so simple as copying the folder & db? 

I’ll going to try doing an update through magento connect and then attempt this process again.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

Can you post the report detail?

A few months We made the transition from the 1.0.97… to the 1.1.4 and that change wasn’t automatic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

r557

Total Posts:  29

I had some issues but got things resolved.

The site i was working with was a 1.0.19870.  There were issues with Magento Connect where it wasn’t doing the upgrade properly.

So here’s how i got it to upgrade successfully.

Downloaded ver 1.0.19870.6. 
I moved my theme over to the fresh download.
Moved contents of media folder over as well.
updated connection settings in /app/etc/local.xml to point to db server
Ran Magento connect.

There are still some things i need to correct in my themes were i upgrade from 1.0.19870.6.  to 1.2 version but all the new functionality is in place.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community