Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fedex rates - list or account rates? 

fishnut

Total Posts:  45

Can Magento FedEx Rates switch between retail list rates and account rates?  We have soap and the FedEx api working to pull rates on our website, however I noticed that it is pulling the retail rates and we want it to pull our account rates which are cheaper.

Does anyone know how to switch the fedex rates to be our account rates?  Thanks a lot

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ischock

Total Posts:  4

You have to rewrite the Fedex shipping implementation in class Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Fedex.
It has a function _getQuotes() which defines the web service request.
The parameter RateRequestTypes is by default set to LIST, change this value to ACCOUNT.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fastspud

Total Posts:  1

we have tried this with our site and found that it does not work unfortunately.  it seems that you are looking for the first object of the RatedShipmentDetails array of each object in the RateReplyDetails array.  we have not figured out an easy solution yet, but i think the rates you are looking for should be found at the following location:

[RatedShipmentDetails][0][ShipmentRateDetail][TotalNetCharge][Amount]

I will update once we have a solution

Magento Community
Magento Community

boxer1732

Total Posts:  14

Hi fastspud and all,

I’ve got this working on our 1.6.1 thanks to the posts above!

So ours will display our discount rates by changing line 400 in app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/FedEx.php

from

if ($detail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType === ‘PAYOR_LIST_PACKAGE’)

to

if ($detail->ShipmentRateDetail->RateType === ‘PAYOR_ACCOUNT_PACKAGE’)

Fixed it for us - displaying discount rates for Ground/Home and Express shipments for us.  Hope this helps someone else!

Magento Community
Magento Community

augustdev

Total Posts:  9

I am using CE 1.7.2 of Magento and was able to get the FedEx Account rates by replacing the array items on line 534 of Fedex.php with “PAYOR_ACCOUNT_PACKAGE”

Example:

foreach (array('RATED_ACCOUNT_SHIPMENT''RATED_LIST_SHIPMENT''RATED_LIST_PACKAGE') as $rateType{

foreach (array('PAYOR_ACCOUNT_PACKAGE') as $rateType{

Magento Community
Magento Community

abarrere

Total Posts:  4

augustdev, are you sure this is working for you, because I’ve tried and it doesn’t work.

The request type is still “LIST” that will be pulling List Rates amount, the requestType needs to be changed to “ACCOUNT” to pull from your account but when I change it I’m getting an error.

Anyone that was able to switch from “LIST” rates to “ACCOUNT” rates.. to pull FEDEX account rates?

Magento Community
Magento Community

amyvos

Total Posts:  6

augustdev - 13 September 2012 02:05 PM

I am using CE 1.7.2 of Magento and was able to get the FedEx Account rates by replacing the array items on line 534 of Fedex.php with “PAYOR_ACCOUNT_PACKAGE”

Example:

foreach (array('RATED_ACCOUNT_SHIPMENT''RATED_LIST_SHIPMENT''RATED_LIST_PACKAGE') as $rateType{

foreach (array('PAYOR_ACCOUNT_PACKAGE') as $rateType{

Thanks for the tip! 

I tried this and the FedEx 2-day Express quote dropped from $29.09 to $22.02 which is a bit closer to FedEx’s rate quote of $15.31. 

However, my home delivery rate is still much higher than my FedEx discounted home delivery rate. 

Magento quotes $18.46 for a 5 lb. package, Fedex says it should cost $9.85.

Can anyone offer insight how to pull my discounted rates from FedEx into Magento instead of the list rates?

Note:  Our handling fee is $5.00, which is being included in Magento’s quotes.  That part is working fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

amyvos

Total Posts:  6

Hey, found it on FedEx Dev site.

Search (control+f) ActualRateType and it tells you exactly what RateTypes they are returning like PAYOR_ACCOUNT.  We want account rates, not list rates.

In app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Fedex.php on line 534 I changed it to

foreach (array('PAYOR_ACCOUNT') as $rateType{

Hope this can help someone else.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

fishnut - 03 February 2012 03:40 PM

Can Magento FedEx Rates switch between retail list rates and account rates?  We have soap and the FedEx api working to pull rates on our website, however I noticed that it is pulling the retail rates and we want it to pull our account rates which are cheaper.

Does anyone know how to switch the fedex rates to be our account rates?  Thanks a lot

Hello! You can use Shipping Rules to modify shipping rates provided by FeDex, UPS, USPS.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community