Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
CMS Pages and Categories

somesid

Total Posts:  83

Ok from what I figured out:
Your category, can be a ROOT category but it’s must have the default one as a parent.

It means values should be the following one in your DB (in my example the category I want to display got the id / entity_id = 35):

insert into `catalog_category_entity` (`entity_id`, `entity_type_id`, `attribute_set_id`,
 `
parent_id`, `created_at`, `updated_at`, `path`, `position`, `level`, `children_count`)

values('35','3','3','1','2008-08-01 15:01:34','2009-01-09 14:27:34','1/35','60','1','0');

Products associated to a category now need data from catalog_category_product_index.

if u do this request :

select from catalog_category_product_index where category_id 35;

and got 0 products, nothing will display. So what you can do is from the backoffice, remove all the products from your category, then put them again and they should display.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

andreladocruz
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Brazil

yes…

that is it…

worked....

after removing and adding products…

thanks somesid

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

Removing and re-adding them didn’t help me.. I removed the whole category and made a new one, added products back in, etc - but still nothing. Has anyone else been able to resolve this?

Edit: like someone said, if you move the category BELOW the “default” category, it works. But how can this work if we want it at the same level as “default”. It used to work with:
{{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="23" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}

Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

somesid

Try to edit directly in the DB (in table catalog_category_entity) and edit the values of the category with enity_id = 23 with the following values :  `path` => 1/23, `level` => 1, `parent_id` => 1

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

@somesid
I appreciate the suggestion, I followed your advice but it still won’t show products. It moved the category to root level as it should, but the products aren’t showing. I think Varien changed something in the code so that things at the root level don’t show. Oh well :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

abille

Total Posts:  27

Hi all,
same problem for me after upgrading.
i’ve made all what was explained and still nothing showing…
doeas anyone have the solution ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

andreladocruz
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Brazil

@abille

verify if the category is under the same root category (it can be desabled).

remove all products from category

save category

add all products to category.

for me this worked.

regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

abille

Total Posts:  27

Hi, and thanks for the reply.
what worked for me is :
-manually put the category under root category and modify in catalog_category_entity parent_id,path and level to set category as a root level category, then it worked.

but it is not stable, today the category showed only 1 product although it contains 10 products.
i redid the changes explained before and now all products are shown.

it’s not a solution for me…
is there a technical explaination ? what changed ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

somesid

From what I saw it is linked with the use of catalog_category_product_index which was not used before, that’s why when you save the products again they are inserted in this table, and then can be displayed.

Something like that.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2