Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[SOLVED!] Search on front end returns no results after upgrade 1.1.8 to 1.2.01

openlatee

Total Posts:  31

Works for me smile!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rrroulio

Total Posts:  88
france moselle

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27061/

it works!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

moleygunn

Total Posts:  73

I had a similar problem to this after upgrading to 1.3.0. What I did was create a column called is_processed in the table catalogsearch_query using MyPHPAdmin. I found this was missing from a different error, which I got when I tried to duplicate a product. The error was Unknown column is_processed in field list

I can now rebuild the search index, and the frontend search works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Freddy Bang

Total Posts:  52

I have encounted a similar problem after upgrading store to v1.3.0.

I’m using configurable products a lot and when I tried deleting all products on our dev server the problem was fixed. Problem is that I don’t know how to empty my production store and re import them again without loosing all the upsell and relations to categories etc.

I even tried exporting all products from live shop and import them again into the dev store but somehow only 15-20% of the images was reattached to the products. I deleted all the images in the media\catalog\products and moved all the images from production into media\import which I have done before when importing batches of products into our store using Excel XML files.

How do I debug the ‘Rebuild’ button? I don’t have a debugging environment and our logs doesn’t show any signs of exceptions so somehow Magento catches the error and shows the friendly error message ‘Search Index rebuild error. Please try again later’. I also encountered the SKU issue reported here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/37431/ so not possible for me to disable the search option on the SKU attribute to test this solution…

Any input and/or assistance would be appriciated right now we don’t have full text search working on our store, which costs a lot !

Magento Community
Magento Community

Freddy Bang

Total Posts:  52

I have finally identified the problem which was caused by the Gift Certificate extension, which I had removed after upgrading to v1.3.0 since it wasn’t compatible. Unfortunately there must have been some left overs but today I successfully upgraded to v1.3.1 (didn’t solve the problem alone) and also installed the 0.9 beta version of the gift certificate and right after the rebuild search worked again..

So case is closed!

Magento Community
Magento Community

stengah

Total Posts:  42
Denmark

I have the same issue - blank page when searching for existing products.

The site returns a blank page when I do a search on existing products in front end. When I do a search for a non-existing title it does return an ‘item not found’ page as it should.

Following advice in this thread I have tried deleting the /var/cache folder contents and the rebuild the search index via the cache management in backend. However, this bug persists…

Any ideas would be higly appreciated… am kinda stuck and site should be launched - well… several days ago.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aaronce

Total Posts:  32
Brisbane

Freddy Bang - 19 April 2009 10:16 AM

I have finally identified the problem which was caused by the Gift Certificate extension, which I had removed after upgrading to v1.3.0 since it wasn’t compatible. Unfortunately there must have been some left overs but today I successfully upgraded to v1.3.1 (didn’t solve the problem alone) and also installed the 0.9 beta version of the gift certificate and right after the rebuild search worked again..

So case is closed!

Hey freddy, just wondering what you removed specifically, as i’m receiving this error and i had the giftcert extension install, seems to be generating a exception in my logs as well.

UPDATE SOLVED:

Removed some bad gift certificate product and attribute sets from the catalog, emptied the cached search queries, rebuilded the search index. everything is working fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jd1866

Total Posts:  8

Worked for me! THANKS!

Magento Community
Magento Community

shawngo

Total Posts:  4
Wisconsin

I was having a similar problem where a SKU wasn’t showing up in the search results. I deleted the cache folder and refreshed the search index but it wasn’t until I removed the record in the catalogsearch_query table that the proper result was displayed.

Does anyone know how or why this would happen?

Thanks,
Shawn

Magento Community
Magento Community

dAvydAv

Total Posts:  29

Hy,

I’ve got same problem, search doesn’t work correctly.
I delete several times cache files and delete catalogsearch_result in database, but search don’t work correctly.
I work with Magento 1.4.
Please need some help,

Came someone tell me where I can search??

Magento Community
Magento Community

AbdulGhafoorMahoon

Total Posts:  21
Lahore

Hi,

I’m Upgrading magento from 1.2.0 to 1.4.1. I’ve solved so many problems after upgrading but i’m stuck with following two stages:

1- on front end, I’m unable to search. I’m getting the following error after searching items by using quick search section but I can have results by using advance search.

2- on back end, I’m unable to add/edit products OR even open any existing product.

on both location, I’m getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setAttribute() on a non-object in E:\wamp\www\upgrade\app\code\core\Mage\Eav\Model\Entity\Attribute\Abstract.php on line 374

I’ve removed cache so many times and created indexes. I’m alo unable to create indexing for Catalog URL Rewrites. Please guide me here, thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ing. Július Klein

Total Posts:  13

Same problem.
Working on 1.3. Deleted cache, rebuild search index, always the same result in quick search 404 not wound.
Adwanced search work greate.
Please HELP

Magento Community
Magento Community

omeedgul202

Total Posts:  1

Hey I am new here. So let me get used to this site. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

jazkat

Total Posts:  154

vadimc - 03 January 2009 08:44 AM

go to each of your products in your store and just click on save. dont go to rebuild the index again as it will delete the index again.
after you finish with saving all the products, go to the storefront and you will see the mini search works smile

This worked for me, I have lots of multiple-select attributes that I want to search through in advanced search, so I need this.
So, I went to a product, save it and saw attribute added in the “catalogindex_eav” table.
Don’t know why this hasn’t been added when I first created a product or if “catalogindex_eav” table got rebuilded or reseted later.. I’ve tried again to rebuild catalog index and from now on this attribute stays visible and can be found in advanced search.
Let me just add, I need this attribute to be searched in Advanced Search but not in Quick search, though I’m not sure that would affect anything, but I’ll be careful…

Strange, why would catalog index be built when saving a product but not when rebuilding index....

Magento Community
Magento Community

idlea

Total Posts:  6

regarding magento search not working.
I had the same problem but not due to an upgrade.
i only re indexed after a warning.
I have not set reindex as a cron job, apparently not a wise thing to do if you inputting a lot of data.

So reindexed and search returned to normal

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community