Magento Forum

Downgrading From Enterprise or Professional to Community Version

x-magneto

Total Posts:  21

With the announcement that Magento Professional is being phased out, we are looking to downgrade to community as the ROI is too great to go to enterprise at this moment.

Has anyone downgraded from professional or enterprise to community?

And would you kindly share your experiences and any tips you may have?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

Hi X-Magneto (nice nick!),

You can find more information about Magento Professional licensing and migration ways here:
http://turnkeye.com/blog/magento-professional-phasing-out-migration/

Magento Community is really great software and I suppose that many Magento Professional customers will choose Magento Community platform.

As for migration from Magento Pro to Magento CE version, it is complex process. In fact it is process divided into 2 stages: data migration and design migration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nick Rigby

Total Posts:  57

I’ve been looking into myself and I’m hopeful that it won’t be too difficult. The reason I say this is because Professional is actually built on the same codebase as Community, and as far as I know the version numbers for Professional are just +5 for the minor value from it’s community counterpart e.g.

Professional 1.9.1.0 = Community 1.4.1.0
Professional 1.11.1.0 = Community 1.6.1.0

So, if you make sure you downgrade to the equivalent community edition (or the next one in the sequence) in the first instance, I think you will have the least amount of problems.

Additionally, all the enterprise features that come with Professional are isolated in the code, so those folders can either be removed or simply ignored.

Like any Magento upgrade, you’ll just need to make sure you account for any changes in the design templates.

Hope that helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

x-magneto

Total Posts:  21

Thanks for the advise Turnkeye & Nick.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community