Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Reason why importing takes so long…. 

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

I have been importing products in a test and it seems the reason why importing takes so long is due to calling cleanCache() in app/code/core/catalog/Model/product.php:_beforeSave().

On my machine cleaning the cache (even though caching is disabled) takes approximately 3-4 seconds on its own.

So, my question is… Anyone have a fix for this? Anyone know why the cache needs to be cleaned when a new product is being added?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

I would think it would just do a delete from the cache for the new product (which might be an update, not new).
The question is, why does cleanCache take so long?  Wouldn’t this affect all users on the site at the time?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community