Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento pulls the plug on Professional Edition

Nils Kijkuit

Total Posts:  2

Just got notice Magento is phasing out professional edition. No surprise after 2 years of collecting money without fixing any bugs, releasing little new features…

Great. Now what. I have invested a considerable amount of money in implementing P.E. Enterprise to expensive. Go is to limited for us. And CE just not my cup of tea (no offense to the community who helped creating this great piece of software).

Stupid stupid stupid. There is a market segment for this product. But you need to continue to develop the product. No just release and forget about it. The gap between Go and E.E. is just to big not to be bridged. If this is the way ahead of this whole Ebay X-commerce bullshit the Magento folks sold out to, than I am not very happy.

Any thoughts?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

x-magneto

Total Posts:  21

No surprise really with the News that professional is now being phased out, I think it has always been on the card for some time. At the end of the day there wasn’t much value in the professional edition unless you needed PA-DSS, the other features you could probably get from a community extension.

We are weighing up our choices and wonder why you will not be considering CE, if Enterprise is too much of an investment?

If anyone have downgraded from EE to CE and would like to share their experiences please visit http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/272280/

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

You can find here more information about Magento Professional licensing and migration ways:
http://turnkeye.com/blog/magento-professional-phasing-out-migration/

Hope it will help someone to choose right way.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community