Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Store Manager for Magento vs eCC by Webgility for Quickbooks integration? 

nitetrend2009

Total Posts:  2

I just fractured my right wrist last week, and it is taking much longer time for me to process my orders.. I currently use Excel to track inventory and sales. I recently installed Quickbooks Pro and finally entered most of my product… But I still need to find a way to sync orders (possibly previous orders) to Quickbooks and track inventory automatically.

I searched through the Magento forum and found so far the better ways to sync Magento eccomerce and Quickbooks are Store Manager for Magento http://www.mag-manager.com/ or eCC by Webgility http://www.webgility.com/quickbooks-ecommerce-connector.php.

Can someone please tell me which is better in my situation in terms of pricing, functionality, easy-to-use and customer service?
- I do not have POS
- I have Quickbooks Pro 2011

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

webgility

Total Posts:  33
San Francisco, CA

eCC supports QuickBooks Pro 2011 and Magento. 

You can download orders from a designated start date or order number to eCC, where you can generate shipping labels with major shipping processors (Endicia, FedEx, UPS, Stamps.com, etc.) and post to QuickBooks to create a sale receipts, invoice or sales order.  The shipping info will be posted back to your Magento store so you can notify customers with the tracking ID.

Managing inventory is fast and simple.  eCC also provides a 2-way sync for products and inventory between QuickBooks and Magento. It’ll automatically notify you of missing products, and will create the product from your store to QuickBooks, or vice versa.

Fee free to contact us at (877) 753-5373 ext.1 if you have questions.  We also have a free 15 day trial, and we provide customer service so you can maximize your trial experience.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Using QuickBooks Integration addon of Store Manager for Mangento you can synchronize product and customer information between your Magento store and your accounting package and in this way it ensures that orders data are correctly assigned to the proper accounts.
It is compatible with Quickbooks Pro 2011 that you currently have.

As for orders management in which you are interested most, using this addon you can synchronize orders with Quuickbooks in the following way: you can export them to Quickbooks, create Sales Orders, Sales Receipts or Invoices, filter Orders which need to be exported (filter orders by data, order id, status, etc.), сreate Refunds, export Taxes etc.

Check here for free 14-days trial version of Store Manager for Magento - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html
There you will also find trial for Quickbooks Integration addon and check how it works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cloudbee

Total Posts:  6

Hi nitetrend2009,

You can sync Magento to Quickbooks very easily using Magento connector - please view here: http://cloudbee.com/magento-talend-component/
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any enquiries you might have!

thanks
Kairi
kairi@cloudbee.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

BenScoobert

Total Posts:  12

nitetrend2009 - 30 January 2012 03:33 PM

I just fractured my right wrist last week, and it is taking much longer time for me to process my orders.. I currently use Excel to track inventory and sales. I recently installed Quickbooks Pro and finally entered most of my product… But I still need to find a way to sync orders (possibly previous orders) to Quickbooks and track inventory automatically.

I searched through the Magento forum and found so far the better ways to sync Magento eccomerce and Quickbooks are Store Manager for Magento http://www.mag-manager.com/ or eCC by Webgility http://www.webgility.com/quickbooks-ecommerce-connector.php.

Can someone please tell me which is better in my situation in terms of pricing, functionality, easy-to-use and customer service?
- I do not have POS
- I have Quickbooks Pro 2011

Thanks in advance!

I am also at a point where I’m choosing between these 2 options.

Did you choose one of them over the other and if so, for what reasons?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329

nChannel is releasing an integration solution for Magento and Quickbooks very soon. The release should be in the next few months. Most POS systems don’t help you manage payables or provide general ledger functions. Using nChannel, you can connect your Point of Sale solution to QuickBooks to streamline and automate the capture of accounting data.

Read more: http://www.nchannel.com/connect-quickbooks-pos-2/

Magento Community
Magento Community

quicbooks

Total Posts:  1
India

I think other Custom tools are much helpful rather than ready tool, because customers can make it as they want

Magento Community
Magento Community

BenScoobert

Total Posts:  12

For the last few days I’ve been trialling ECC and Store Manager.

I’d suggest unless you have a week of nothing to do at all to get them set up then don’t bother.
ECC is pricey with initial fees AND monthly, whereas Store Manager is a bit more initially but far less in the long run.

Both have been a nightmare to install and configure and I’m yet to buy either but I’m swayed towards Store Manager due to the price as long as they work out the bugs I found like not being able to sync customers.

I’ll update when/if they sort it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CartSpan

Total Posts:  32

Greetings,

CartSpan is currently the top-rated QuickBooks accounting integration for Magento:

Some key benefits over eCC (Webgility) and T-Hub (Atandra) include:

-- Approx. 40% less expensive initially, 60% less expensive annually

-- Proper allocation of price to the ‘children’ of fixed-price bundle configurations.

-- Superior handling/support of QuickBooks ‘Group Items’ (i.e. price taken from the cart and not accounting)

-- Stock updates to Magento are real-time in response to invoicing, receiving, and invoice adjustments in QuickBooks.

-- Native support for the free Magento M2E extension that supports integration with Amazon and Ebay. 

-- No limitations of any kind on CartSpan’s 10day trial.

-- CartSpan is the only integration option that doesn’t require any money up-front for setup assistance

Compare reviews of CartSpan, ECC, and Atandra on Magento Connect

If you have any specific business requirements that are not addressed on the CartSpan website, please call and we are happy to chat with you about the possibility of accommodating them.

Best regards,

Scott Wheeler
Owner, Noverhead Software
513-708-1317

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmullerdev

Total Posts:  1

nChannel - 06 May 2013 05:18 AM

nChannel is releasing an integration solution for Magento and Quickbooks very soon. The release should be in the next few months. Most POS systems don’t help you manage payables or provide general ledger functions. Using nChannel, you can connect your Point of Sale solution to QuickBooks to streamline and automate the capture of accounting data.

Read more: http://www.nchannel.com/connect-quickbooks-pos-2/

Although you posted this some time ago, I really appreciate this reference since I wanted to look into something like this. If anyone else has any additional updates about nChannel’s services, or another company, don’t hesitate to let me know. Thanks.

~ JM

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community