Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.1.8 to 1.2.0 not changing anything

jmcneil

Total Posts:  24

I updated my 1.1.8 store via Magento Connect to 1.2.0 and then to 1.2.0.1 by selecting “Mage_All_Latest” it appears everything went fine but, the footer in my admin is unchanged it still says 1.1.8 and my site is no different. I restored to a backup so I am back at the begining. My question is this, should I have selected something else other than “Mage_All_Latest”? Should I download 1.2.0.1 and then manually upload to my server? If so which folders do I need to upload? I do not want to lose anything. Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GreenSkunk

Total Posts:  6
New York

I have a system that upgraded from 1.1.6 to 1.2.1 and the footer hasn’t changed BUT I see the new features.
Cache has been cleared multiple times and I have logged out and logged back in. Trying to figure out what is going on.

Magento Community
Magento Community

r557

Total Posts:  29

jmcneil - 31 December 2008 09:07 AM

I updated my 1.1.8 store via Magento Connect to 1.2.0 and then to 1.2.0.1 by selecting “Mage_All_Latest” it appears everything went fine but, the footer in my admin is unchanged it still says 1.1.8 and my site is no different. I restored to a backup so I am back at the begining. My question is this, should I have selected something else other than “Mage_All_Latest”? Should I download 1.2.0.1 and then manually upload to my server? If so which folders do I need to upload? I do not want to lose anything. Thanks

I am having same issues.  Subscribing to topic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Stanley Lim

Total Posts:  8

jmcneil - 31 December 2008 09:07 AM

Third here! Upgraded from 1.1.8 to 1.2.1.. But all my footer still shows 1.1.8…

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmcneil

Total Posts:  24

Ok here is what worked for me. Manually uploading the zip file of 1.2.0.1 and then unpacking on my server. I didn’t override any of my design files but, other than that I pretty much loaded all new files. I then deleted /var/ folder and recreated it. Logged into Admin and rebuilt search index. Everything seems to be fine except that layered navigation is not displaying on search results page but, I am going to post a new topic for that one.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community