Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Stuck on 1.4.2 - No upgrades available

jbibbs

Total Posts:  5

I’ve been scouring Google for a couple of days, and I can’t seem to find a definitive upgrade path off 1.4.2.  I’m willing to go to 1.5 or 1.6 or 1.6.2, whatever gets me off this wretched 1.4.2!

The problem is that in both the Magento Connect Manager, and using the Mage script via command line - mage list-upgrades, there are no upgrades listed as available.

Does anyone know what file Magento is looking for in search of available upgrades? Is it possible to create this file myself? Alternatively, is there some other way to upgrade Magento?

I have tried merging the 1.6.2 files into my current 1.4.2 file structure to preserve the installed modules and themes, but I can’t ever get the DB to install this way.

Deleting my current file structure, and replacing it with the new 1.6.2 files allows me to update the DB successfully but the themes, modules etc. are all gone.

Am I simply stuck with manually copying all of the themes, css, media, modules etc. back into 1.6.2, or is there a better way. There must be a better way…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mennoo

Total Posts:  15

I think you forgot the command: ./mage sync

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community