Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
1.2.0.1 error on all pages

madkad

Total Posts:  60

Hi

ok I installed a fresh copy of magento from 1.2.0 to 1.2.0.1 keeping my style and the database.

the hole website was doing well and looking like no bad errors, so I started to get back to doing my work on the website, I was in the admin and selected yes for mod rewrite thing (cant remember full name)

then I saved and the page reloaded and looked like it was doing a sql thing then the hole website now has this error msg on:

Error in file"/root/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogIndex/sql/catalogindex_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.9-0.7.10.php" SQLSTATE[42S01]Base table or view already exists1050 Table 'catalogindex_aggregation' already exists
Trace
:
#0 /root/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(287): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /root/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.9', '0.7.10')
#2 /root/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.9', '0.7.10')
#3 /root/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /root/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /root/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(241): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /root/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 /root/app/Mage.php(446): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 /root/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Please note, when i did the fresh I never ran the install start thing as it didnt ask me to, and after looking through my site and seeing it looked ok and uptodate I thought it would all be ok.

can some one please help?

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

I had something similar happen to me as well…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Daynos

Total Posts:  98
Rennes, Bretagne

Using Magento Connect to upgrade from 1.1.8 to 1.2.0.1.
Now I have this error (not the same file, but very similar)

Error in file"/home/shop/www/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleCheckout/sql/googlecheckout_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.0-0.7.1.php" Wrong attribute group ID
Trace
:
#0 /home/shop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(287): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /home/shop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.0', '0.7.1')
#2 /home/shop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.0', '0.7.1')
#3 /home/shop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/shop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/shop/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(241): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/shop/www/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 /home/shop/www/app/Mage.php(446): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 /home/shop/www/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

madkad

daynos I dont know if what I just did will help you.

while I wait for help I went to the file /root/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogIndex/sql/catalogindex_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.9-0.7.10.php

and commented out each sql table it was trying to make that I had, it ended up being them all in that file, but it fixed my error.

OK does any one know how to stop the script from trying to install the database parts that are allready in or just something so that it doesnt keep trying in a later date?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Daynos

Rennes, Bretagne

Using MySQL 5+, Isuppose I don’t realy need thet file. So I’ve followed your advice. My shop is back… thank you !

Now I hope there is no other problem… wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

madkad

lol glad I helped some one haha

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

Madkad I had to comment out two files. Did you figure out what effects this will have on your store? And how to stop the program from still trying to update those files?
I’m worried that magento may need those files.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

madkad

I read that if you have done an update and trying to do another one cos something may have not been right, like me

that all it is is the system trying to add tables in the database that are allready there because you did an update before, commenting them out will stop them from trying to add them in again, you will not need them files as they have allready been used to install the database tables that are needed, but just make sure you are commenting out the ones that make the errors.

apart from that I dont no any more on what can be done, also I wouldnt worry about doing what you have done if for some reason you do end up needed the files then it will tell you :D but you will not I am sure

Magento Community
Magento Community

shop2dance

Total Posts:  13

Hi all,

I just tried to upgrade from 1.1.8 to 1.2.0.1 and the following error came up when I try to access the front-end or back-end:

Error in file"C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\sql\catalog_setup\mysql4-upgrade-0.7.53-0.7.54.php" Wrong attribute group ID
Trace
:
#0 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(287): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.53', '0.7.57')
#2 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.53', '0.7.57')
#3 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(241): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\Mage.php(446): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

And when I try to access /downloader the following error appears:

Fatal errorUncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php:286) in C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Cookie.php on line 49' in C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\functions.php:246 
Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'Cannot modify h...', 'C:\Users\utiliz...', 49, Array) 
#1 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Cookie.php(49): setcookie('magento', 'iuyv3wnplewwu9a...', 1233418580, '/magento/downlo...', 'localhost') 
#2 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(790): Mage_Core_Model_Cookie->__construct(Array) 
#3 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\Mage.php(317): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('core/cookie', Array) 
#4 C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\Ma in C:\Users\utilizador\Documents\WWW\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\functions.php on line 246

Any ideas? Thanks,

Hugo

Magento Community
Magento Community

patrecord
Guru

Total Posts:  461

same problem.

Help me:)

Magento Community
Magento Community

patrecord
Guru

Total Posts:  461

Daynos - 31 December 2008 05:49 AM

Using MySQL 5+, Isuppose I don’t realy need thet file. So I’ve followed your advice. My shop is back… thank you !

Now I hope there is no other problem… wink

I delete file mysql4-upgrade-0.7.9-0.7.10.php. Shop now is back but search not work. I must rebuild search index in admin?

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

I spent 5 hours last night trying to troubleshoot this same problem. upgraded to 1.2.0, store was completely hosed. After much troubleshooting, I decided that 1.2.0 has some serious problems (like front-end SSL doesn’t work, FYI). I reverted back to 1.1.8 and everything is fine. IMHO - 1.2.0 was RUSHED and is falling apart.. many people have problems with it.. do yourself a favor and wait for a more stable upgrade.  Just my 2 cents smile

@last poster - yes, rebuild the search index smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

shop2dance

Total Posts:  13

Unfortunately I am unable to open /downloader to revert back to 1.1.8. Any sugestion?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Daynos

Rennes, Bretagne

edslp - 01 January 2009 11:52 AM

Unfortunately I am unable to open /downloader to revert back to 1.1.8. Any sugestion?

You can get back 1.1.8 files from here : http://www.magentocommerce.com/download > Release Archive

Before upgrading, it is recommended to do a copy of your Magento directory (yes it can be very long...), and a backup of your database wink.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

Total Posts:  89

Unfortunately, this has been my conclusion as well. There are a lot of major changes under the hood for this release, and I fear that Varien should have spent a little more time on testing before releasing it, even if that meant missing the end-of-month target for release. I will say, however, that I have seen some major performance gains in this release on a store that has a fairly large customer base. I haven’t yet played with the memcached functionality, but I suspect that, too, will bump performance to a new level.

turbo1 - 01 January 2009 11:20 AM

I spent 5 hours last night trying to troubleshoot this same problem. upgraded to 1.2.0, store was completely hosed. After much troubleshooting, I decided that 1.2.0 has some serious problems (like front-end SSL doesn’t work, FYI). I reverted back to 1.1.8 and everything is fine. IMHO - 1.2.0 was RUSHED and is falling apart.. many people have problems with it.. do yourself a favor and wait for a more stable upgrade.  Just my 2 cents smile

@last poster - yes, rebuild the search index smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

aloeroot

Total Posts:  18

Is it possible to revert to the last version by reuploading backup copies of the store files via FTP and restoring the sql database?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2