Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Java, Magento and a single sign on

Jan__

Total Posts:  4

Hey Folks,

I’m trying to do a way of single sign on. I’ve got a Website, based on Java Servlets, with a normal Login. Now I want to realize a single sign on for both my Website and Magento Webshop, which lies on a different Server/DNS.

I tried to login the user by using the login-method of Magentos Webservice-API. I retrieved the sessionID after logging in the User but now I don’t know how to establish a continouos session for the user I’ve logged in before so that he’s logged in when entering the shop.

Mage_Api_Model_Server_V2_HandlerPortTypeProxy proxy = new Mage_Api_Model_Server_V2_HandlerPortTypeProxy();

proxy.setEndpoint("http://www.example.de/api/v2_soap");        
// webservice session
String session proxy.startSession();

// user login
String sessionID proxy.login(username,password);

Is there any way to establish a Login and a valid session for the user out of Java/Servlets?
I would be pleased to get any hints about that…

Best regards and thanks in advance smile

Jan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Abhed

Total Posts:  1

Hi Jan,

I have a similar requirement, could you please share your findings?
It will help if you can share the final approach considered for this requirement.

Thanks in advance!

kind regards,
Abhed

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jan__

Total Posts:  4

Hi Abhed,

it’s quite a while ago, please have a look at corresponding stackoverflow-thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9127637/filling-the-customers-shopping-cart-in-magento-via-web-service-using-c

There I posted my solution at this time. Hopefully it will help you! smile
Please contact me directly if you need further support, perhaps I can help you with this..

Best regards!

Jan

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community