Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Products import successfully but do not appear product image in backend

Ballu

Total Posts:  5

Hello,

I’ve upgraded to version 1.3.1 from 1.6.0 but am I have facing problem with product image display in admin panel. The product image display in front site fine but the image which I have upload its not display on product management in back end under
catalog => Manage product => Image Tab image not display.

what i have do :

1. Install fresh magento.
2. Export product from old version.
3. Create new CSV file.
4. Copy all image in media/import folder
5. import CSV file in new version.
System=>import/Export => import

6. Import product is successful done.
7. Re index
8. clear all cache. 

All Product display front end and back end fine the issue image not display in backend.

site url : http://www.greenspirit-hydroponics.com/new/

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

Image Attachments
screen2.bmp
screen2.bmp

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeprince

Hi Ballu

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

Cheers
-- Mike—

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeprince

Ok, figured it out myself. You do need to specify _media_image for all product images to have them appear in the backend. If you have more than one image per product, e.g. different small and base images, then you need multiple rows in the import file: one per image.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ballu

Hi Mike,

I found out solution

i have missing entries in data base these table
\’catalog_product_entity_media_gallery\’
\’catalog_product_entity_media_gallery_value \’

And for solution i have run these sql query in phpmyadmin :

nsert into catalog_product_entity_media_gallery(`attribute_id`,`entity_id`,`value`)
select 80,entity_id,small_image from catalog_product_flat_1

insert into `catalog_product_entity_media_gallery_value`(`value_id`,`store_id`,`label`,`position`,`disabled`)
select value_id, 0, \’\’,1,0 from catalog_product_entity_media_gallery

Hope this is useful for some one:-)

Ballu Malav

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeprince

Hi Ballu

Thanks for the reply. These rows get entered based on the _media_image column in the CSV file so it is possible to specify it, and add additional rows if necessary, to get the import to work properly from CSV. However it\’s easy to get wrong so the SQL fix is useful!

For anyone else reading, the 80 in your SQL is the id of the media_gallery attribute and so may differ in different installations.

Cheers
-- Mike—

Magento Community
Magento Community

krisha

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

I have same problem. not displaying images in admin panel because not inserted entery in catalog_product_entity_media_gallery table. can u suggest me how to inserted??

Magento Community
Magento Community

patrickgrey33

Total Posts:  3

If your images have been imported and are on the server but for some reason are not displayed on the frontend, do the following:
1. Make sure to recursively change the file permissions in magento/media to “777” (full read/write/exec access)
2. On the Images Tab, make sure there is at least one image uploaded for the product, that the Excluded checkbox isn’t checked, and the radios to include it for thumbnail, base image, and small image are selected for the respective images.
3. Under System->Configuration->Catalog->Product Image Placeholders, make sure there is a default image uploaded for each of the respective image types
4. Remove the .htaccess file located in the magento/media folder
5. Under System->Cache Management, flush the catalogs image cache.
Navigate to the front-end of your Magento install, and you should see your products with images in the product catalog.

If not than check this post with the list of most common issues and solutions. Also it is recommended to use File2Cart in cases when there is some errors with data import

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community