Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

upgrade problem

tvercruysse

Total Posts:  14
Toulouse, France

Hello,

I currentlty have Magento 1.1.8 installed on a windows platform, after updating to 1.2.1 through the Connection manager the upgrade packages were successfully downloaded into the magento/downloader/pearlib/download but no files were overwritten in magento/app/core or anywhere else. In the Admin backend Magento version is still 1.1.8 have refreshed the cache, erased the magento/var/cache and magento/var/session folders. When I go to the downloader via the backend the versions are correct

Thanks in advance for any help.

Image Attachments
2008-12-31_113810.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tvercruysse

Total Posts:  14
Toulouse, France

I found the solution to my problem.

The Magento project that i’m currently working on is versioned under SVN and i just change computer at work meaning that the root installation of Magento is under a different directory than the original installed one (Magento was retrieved through SVN checkout on the new computer). I had to erase the pear.ini file under magento/downloader/pearlib directory which had wrong directory references. After that I launched the downloader again to update the 1.1.8 packages and everything worked well.

I noticed in the Pear.php file located at /magento/downloader/Maged/Pear.php that the operation getConfig() looks for that file, is there a way to regenerate it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community