Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom inventory updater for Configurable products

Uruselfei

Total Posts:  74
Tallinn, Estonia

hello,

i have self-made inventory updater, which takes needed data (every 5 minutes) from Microsoft RMS POS and updates Magento DB.
it works great so far for simple products. i need to update only 3 tables in Mageto: cataloginventory_stock_item, cataloginventory_stock_status and catalog_product_entity_decimal

now i have a couple of configurable products. i almost found all needed tables which are used in update: three tables from above, catalog_product_relation (to get children for configurable product), catalog_product_super_attribute (to get attribute_id which will be used in following table), catalog_product_super_attribute_pricing (here we have values for configuration drop-down with prices to add to base price)

now questions are:
- are those tables all what i need to update price and quantity? if not, please help me with other tables, please.
- what is “value_index” field in catalog_product_super_attribute_pricing table? can’t find where it is used and how it is related to this table.

PS. I can’t use Magento models to update database. reason - my updater is done in VB.Net, so i have to update tables directly.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mihatt

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

value_index means option_id.

So if you have configurable attribute color, you\\\\\\\’d have options

red
orange
blue

Each of this options would have internally assigned ids. Programmatically you can get them by calling something like

$product->getData('attribute_code');

Magento Community
Magento Community

magneto800

Total Posts:  60

Introducing the POS System completely integrated with Magento

IWD POS the first Point of Sales system of its kind. We are seamlessly connect the power house eCommerce platform to the easy to use POS interface we have built. No more worrying about if your physical location and eCommerce location stock are in sync.

The POS system in compatible with touch pads like the iPad. So now take your shop on the go and sell your product anywhere you go!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community