Thanks Eric!!!!

It works fine!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magentoinchina

Total Posts:  32

ARoBA - 10 March 2010 10:53 AM

Thank Eric smile That worked for me with product descriptions. However, I have created a new attribute that is displayed in the info tabs “additional information” tab on modern theme 1.4. I have enabled and used the WYSIWIG editor to enter a html table in the attribute and it’s still displaying html code on the product view.

Anyone come across this yet, I’m sure I’ve missed something simple....going around in circles for the last hour wink

i have the same time.
when i create attribute i see enable html tag on front-end
but modify i saw enable WYSIWYG
very strange

Magento Community
Magento Community

kinetic

Total Posts:  15

The problem with raw HTML code still showing up even after enabling WYSIWYG for the relevant attribute has already been raised as an issue with Magento Team and apparently it will be fixed up in the next bugfix release. See http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=8608

In the interim, what l found worked to ensure that the raw HTML did not display for:

> attributes that are displayed in the “additional information” tab ; and
> the category description (product listing page)

is to follow rrroulio’s instruction in this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27077/

Just add html_entity_decode() in the attributes.phtml and view.phtml files respectively.

It worked for me and now the raw HTML code is not displayed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

3sixtygroup

Total Posts:  44
Auburn Hills, MI

My html is showing up, but there is a huge gap on my page and it puts the table way down at the bottom of the page. Can I fix this in a stylesheet?

This is the page in question --> http://store.monroeengineering.com/index.php/hinges/piano-hinges/steel-piano-continuous-hinges.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Petrache Nicolae

Total Posts:  29

eric Shinn - 28 February 2010 03:48 PM

Hi. I just thought I’d let whoever stumbled across this thread know what I did to get around the issue of HTML code being displayed on the product page. I’m using version 1.4.0.1 by-the-way.

Commenting out the line:
$value = $this->htmlEscape($value);

...or changing it to:
$value = $value;

… is the same thing. And for me did nothing. Possibly an older version who knows. It’d be nice to post the version number when someone offers a fix. It just helps to keep someone later on (with a newer version) from changing code and completely screwing them up.

Anyway, in v 1.4.0.1 I didn’t see any “show-html-on-front” or anything like that. However, there is a WYSIWYG editor option that does the trick. Here’s how do it:
1. Login to Admin panel -> Catalog -> Attribute -> Manage Attributes
2. In the ‘Attribute Label’ column type in description. This will narrow the list down a bit ;.)
3. Click “Description” and scroll to the bottom under “Frontend Properties”. You’ll see “Enable WYSIWYG” - set it to Yes.
4. Repeat step 3 for “Short Description”
5. Reload your webpage. You’ll see the changes just take effect.

Cheers,
eShinn

i have looked for this easy solution for 3 days...... i can’t belive that it is so easy to set up and works perfect-have used before in the creation of pages but didn’t noticed that can be used as well in description etc. So THANK YOU

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sagar Patil

Total Posts:  4

Even I had this problem. No solution yet.

3sixtygroup - 26 March 2010 06:04 AM

My html is showing up, but there is a huge gap on my page and it puts the table way down at the bottom of the page. Can I fix this in a stylesheet?

This is the page in question --> http://store.monroeengineering.com/index.php/hinges/piano-hinges/steel-piano-continuous-hinges.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

makapacs

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

I have 1.4.0.1 Magento

I believe there are different type of attributes and that is why previous suggested solutions not always work for everyone. For the attribute ‘Price’ this solution works

In helper class - local/Mage/Catalog/Helper/Output.php there is a function productAttribute(). In this function uncomment the line(possibly line # 109):

//$attributeHtml = $this->htmlEscape($attributeHtml);

this solved for the price attribute.

I hope this is usefull

Margots

Magento Community
Magento Community

roger00713

Total Posts:  9

Has anyone else noticed other issues when installing this on 1.4.0.1?
I installed it yesterday as well as Fontis Australia. I followed the instructions Eric posted and managed to get it all working. I was very impressed by it as well as the Fonits product. I thought that i was only hours away from my site going live when i noticed a few issues. First of all when i placed an order i received a Fontis issue which i assumed had been caused by their extension. Then i noticed that any orders that were placed appeared with blank “Bill To” and “Ship To” under the order area of Magento and when you clicked took me to an error screen.
I then installed Fontis and discovered that the fontis error went away but the order error remained.
I then installed Fontis on my test environment and it worked perfectly for the first 4 orders i tested and then i installed the Video module again only to notice other strange error appearing when trying to place an order.
Also, I can uninstall the module by deleting the record in the eav_attribute table but then when i remove the files that the module installed i can no longer get into the back end. To fix this i had to install the files again.
Any thoughts on this???

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

roger00713 - 20 May 2010 05:28 PM

Has anyone else noticed other issues when installing this on 1.4.0.1?

Hi Roger,
It seems that none of your issues relate to the topic of this thread, so you should probably start a new one. My suggestion is to test a clean install of Magento - if you notice a problem, then search for an existing thread on the issue you find, or start a new one (or even search the issue queue for a bug report).

If you have no problems with the clean install, then test the various extensions you would like to use one at a time (take a backup of Magento before you install any extension, and revert to the backup before trying the next extension). If you find a problem with a particular extension, then report it in the specific discussion forum for that extension (you will find a link from the extension download page).

Hope you manage to work it out.
Ross.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roger00713

Total Posts:  9

Thanks Ross.
I will do that.
Roger

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  888
London, UK

I have the same problem - and I am trying to show HTML code (just simple links) inside the Attributes, in the “additional information” table. GRR! Not working!

Magento Community
Magento Community

validBen

Total Posts:  13

Rather than modifying a core file like in the solution posted on the first page of this thread you can use the php function html_entity_decode like so:

<?php echo html_entity_decode($_helper->productAttribute($_product$_data['value']$_data['code'])) ?>

Not ideal I know but you just need to change the theme file and remember to remove it when they fix the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

London, UK

validBen - 13 June 2010 11:41 PM

Rather than modifying a core file like in the solution posted on the first page of this thread you can use the php function html_entity_decode like so:

<?php echo html_entity_decode($_helper->productAttribute($_product$_data['value']$_data['code'])) ?>

Not ideal I know but you just need to change the theme file and remember to remove it when they fix the issue.

Hi - that did not work for me either, I can still see the actual HTML code, and it’s not being parsed. Did you just change that one line in the template file below?

app\design\frontend\base\default\template\catalog\product\view\attributes.phtml

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

smlhorse

Total Posts:  1

My version is : magento ver. 1.4.1.0

I have set this attribute to ‘Yes’ :
Catalog / Attribute / Manage Attributes / description -> Allow HTML Tags on Frontend

It works for me, hope can help to someone .

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

London, UK

Yes - It may be fixed in 1.4.1.0, but it still does not work in 1.4.0.1
May be time to upgrade

Magento Community
Magento Community