Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Search Broken

thomasmore

Total Posts:  80

I am not getting any errors with 2.0.2 but I am getting:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /report/ on this server.

Anyone know why it is forbidden? The directory is already cmod to 777 so it not be an issue.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Unirgy
Guru

Total Posts:  478

I’ve uploaded the fix for the original issue here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27061/

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

@advocat

I changed the search to no on the multi selecgt prodcut and it worked.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

narcoclepsy

Total Posts:  10

Advocat, can you be more verbose as how to disable the search feature where?? I am having a problem with my search, I tried the ther suggestions here to no avail. Thanks. I am using magento 1.3.1 if that helps, error looks like this when i try and search:

SQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1452 Cannot add or update a child rowa foreign key constraint fails (`mrshpcom_mrshrinkwrap/catalogsearch_result`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOGSEARCH_RESULT_QUERYFOREIGN KEY (`query_id`) REFERENCES `catalogsearch_query` (`query_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASC)
Trace:
#0 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(283): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(457): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(230): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('REPLACE INTO `c...', Array)
#3 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(259): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('REPLACE INTO `c...', Array)
#4 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Mysql4/Fulltext.php(308): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('REPLACE INTO `c...', Array)
#5 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Fulltext.php(110): Mage_CatalogSearch_Model_Mysql4_Fulltext->prepareResult(Object(Mage_CatalogSearch_Model_Fulltext), 'tape', Object(Mage_CatalogSearch_Model_Query))
#6 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Mysql4/Fulltext/Collection.php(49): Mage_CatalogSearch_Model_Fulltext->prepareResult()
#7 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Layer.php(59): Mage_CatalogSearch_Model_Mysql4_Fulltext_Collection->addSearchFilter('tape')
#8 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Layer.php(43): Mage_CatalogSearch_Model_Layer->prepareProductCollection(Object(Mage_CatalogSearch_Model_Mysql4_Fulltext_Collection))
#9 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Block/Result.php(155): Mage_CatalogSearch_Model_Layer->getProductCollection()
#10 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Block/Result.php(133): Mage_CatalogSearch_Block_Result->_getProductCollection()
#11 [internal function]: Mage_CatalogSearch_Block_Result->setListCollection()
#12 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(338): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#13 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(204): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#14 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(196): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#15 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(200): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#16 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(295): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#17 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(223): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#18 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/controllers/ResultController.php(77): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout()
#19 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(367): Mage_CatalogSearch_ResultController->indexAction()
#20 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(247): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#21 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#22 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/app/Mage.php(457): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#23 /var/www/clients/mrshrinkwrap/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#24 {main}

if i search for something that i know will return no results, it doesn’t error I get the standard no-results page. This looks liek my last critical issue to work through for this upgrade grin crossing fingers

Magento Community
Magento Community

narcoclepsy

Total Posts:  10

alright I solved my search issue, if you have foreign keys on tables they have to reference other tables of the same type. I grabbed the sql script off this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/13206/ and executed it as so after sshing to my magento machine:

mysql -u MyUserser -h localhost -pMyPassword myDatabaseName innodb-fix.sql
it solved my problems. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

davi4mage

Total Posts:  11

I’ve got the error “Fatal error: Call to a member function getSource() on a non-object” after installing the extension “Nicer Image Names” (http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/672/nicer-image-names).
I’ve solved the problem uninstalling the extension.
I’m working with Magento 1.3.0.
Dav

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonno1979

Total Posts:  9

Hi

I am getting Fatal error: Call to a member function addAttributeToSelect() on a non-object in /home/natura39/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Layer.php on line 58

when trying to search, i have rebuild the index and done everything asked except “This issue reproduce only if used multiselect attributes for simple search
For quick fix - disable “Use in search” in Manage Product Attributes for multiselect attributes “

As i cannot find where to edit this,

please help me and let me know if this is resolved already i would greatly appreciate it!

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

raiosmart

Total Posts:  5

jonno1979 - 07 January 2010 11:10 PM

Hi

I am getting Fatal error: Call to a member function addAttributeToSelect() on a non-object in /home/natura39/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Layer.php on line 58

when trying to search, i have rebuild the index and done everything asked except “This issue reproduce only if used multiselect attributes for simple search
For quick fix - disable “Use in search” in Manage Product Attributes for multiselect attributes “

As i cannot find where to edit this,

please help me and let me know if this is resolved already i would greatly appreciate it!

thanks

having the same issue here.
anybody find a way to fix this? I’m on magento 1.7

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2