Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect not working - 404 error

Erkenbrand

Total Posts:  20

The 1.2 upgrade has been causing me a lot of headaches, but I’ve finally worked my way through to this last one. I first upgrade using Magento Connect, and everything seemed to go smoothly. I had some problems with the checkout process and decided to use Magento connect - ‘mage all latest’ to try to get a better upgrade. This time, it uploaded again and started throwing 500 errors. I cleared these up by fixing permissions, but since then all I get when using Magento connect is 404 errors. I’ve reset permissions everywhere, uploaded the ‘downloader’ folder from a clean download, etc. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for any help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rickDC

Total Posts:  4

I had this same issue, check your error logs. changing the perms of /downloader/index.php to 644 (from 666) fixed this issue for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mat123Slade

Total Posts:  21

Thanks RickDC This worked brilliantly for me after updating to 1.3

Take Care.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sljacome

Total Posts:  19
Mexico City

Thanks! fast fix

Magento Community
Magento Community

jayrex

Total Posts:  8

what worked for me was removing .htaccess in /downloader/
then i had an error on cloning, so i put
ini_set (’zend.ze1_compatibility_mode’, 0);
in /downloader/index.php

Magento Community
Magento Community

iba Designs

Total Posts:  3

Sorry if I am resurrecting an old topic, but haven’t been able to find an answer in my searches. One of the magento stores I am building is giving me problems in the magento connect area.
It seems to connect just fine, download ok, tell me everything installed the right way.
But when I then go to use what I supposedly downloaded, it isn’t there.

I am trying to get the iphone theme, so I can have a mobile version of the store in question.
Could someone help me if they have experienced this before.
Thanks,
Daniel

P.S. I am using magento 1.3.2.4 on a godaddy economy hosting plan for this particular store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

omerts

Total Posts:  24

RickDC’s fix worked for me too thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

cgfc

Total Posts:  92
Montevideo, Uruguay

Erkenbrand - 30 December 2008 06:33 PM

The 1.2 upgrade has been causing me a lot of headaches, but I’ve finally worked my way through to this last one. I first upgrade using Magento Connect, and everything seemed to go smoothly. I had some problems with the checkout process and decided to use Magento connect - ‘mage all latest’ to try to get a better upgrade. This time, it uploaded again and started throwing 500 errors. I cleared these up by fixing permissions, but since then all I get when using Magento connect is 404 errors. I’ve reset permissions everywhere, uploaded the ‘downloader’ folder from a clean download, etc. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for any help!

I had the same issue, but I had to set the permissions of the “download” folder to 755 and now it’s working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Larsa

Total Posts:  2

Anyone a fix for this, I’ve this problem with different versions of Magento (1.3.xx and 1.4.xx)
A used the cleanup tool, checked permissions, cleared cache but nothing seems to be working
Any help appreciated

Magento Community
Magento Community

Muhlis

Total Posts:  8

I’ve this problem with ver. 1.4.1. I set to permissions of ‘downloader’ folder to “755”, but don’t working.

Is there any ideas.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tbradley22

Total Posts:  45

It may be an issue with your hosting account. I had the same issue and nothing else was resolving the issue.

It turns out that Host Gator has a rule in the firewall that was causing the error. They whitelisted the rule for my account and the problem was resolved right away.

Hope that helps.

Ted

Magento Community
Magento Community

adelle

Total Posts:  1

tbradley22 - 09 May 2011 12:18 PM

It may be an issue with your hosting account. I had the same issue and nothing else was resolving the issue.

It turns out that Host Gator has a rule in the firewall that was causing the error. They whitelisted the rule for my account and the problem was resolved right away.

Hope that helps.

Ted

Hello, i have the same problem right now, and i am hosting with host gator .. what should i ask them exactly please ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagentoError

Total Posts:  3

adelle - 27 July 2011 07:09 AM

Hello, i have the same problem right now, and i am hosting with host gator .. what should i ask them exactly please ?

ini_set (’zend.ze1_compatibility_mode’, 0);

Just ask Hostgator to set that for you.

Regards,

Bob

Magento Community
Magento Community

cavalcanter

Total Posts:  1

Thanks!! solved my problem.

Magento Community