Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

- Inventory by Attribute & Shipping Origin by Product -

ConvenientGadgets

Total Posts:  78

-- We’re testing out Megento as a possible replacement for our current cart and we need the following functionality. I don’t see the following features available in Magento. Please advise if they are. If not we are looking for someone to quote them (hopefully as an extension module) for us as they are show stoppers for converting to Magento.

INVENTORY
Ability to track inventory by attribute, i.e. We have 7 Blue blankets and 9 Red blankets.

SHIPPING
Ability to set Shipping Origin (Zip) by product. We have some products on-hand and will ship from zip code 11111 we have other products that are drop shipped from say zip code 22222. We need to be able to set the origin zip code for a product and have it calculate shipping based on that.

Ability to limit the shipping methods by product. For products we have on-hand we might offer US Postal (USPS) but from some drop shipped items they might be shipped by UPS.

The shipping calculations need to bundle by origin zip code. So if there are two products: Product A (1 LB) and Product B (2 LB) and those are both being shipped from zip code 11111, then the shipping weight is 3 LBs.

Here’s an example order:
Order #1
- Product A, 1 LB, Ships from 11111
- Product B, 2 LB, Ships from 11111
- Product C, 1 LB, Ships from 22222

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ConvenientGadgets

Total Posts:  78

- Quick update: we’ve figured out the inventory part. But believe we still need help with the shipping portions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

freiden

Total Posts:  30

I too need this type of system. Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

My2cents

Total Posts:  30

me too...

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmedford

Total Posts:  25

I hate when people figure stuff out and don’t share it. I am trying to figure out how to base inventory on an attribute “our product number” rather than sky because our sky is our productnumber-suffix for multi-listing/seo purposes.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community