Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrading 1.3.2.4 to latest version

walkities

Total Posts:  2

Ive tried upgrading through my webhost (aspiration) and says it currently is unsupported for this version.

Im hoping someone can tell me the best way to upgrade, is a fresh install the only way?  can I use the exisiting database or can I backup and just import the products I have?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

karun

Total Posts:  36

HI Its always better to take profession help in upgarding a shop from 1.3 to 1.6
Doing it on a live server will definitely break the website.

the best option is to move the server to a staging environment and then try upgradation vis ssh
you can also import order customers and products but it is bit tedious

Magento Community
Magento Community

walkities

So theres no way I can backup the necessary info on the current server and install fresh 1.6?

Magento Community
Magento Community

karun

Total Posts:  36

HI the best option to upgrade magento is via ssh

or via updating the file via ftp and then reinstall magento again on the same db
But even this will break the system completely (be prepared to fix bugs) and try everything on a staging environment first.
this will keep you live store intact

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickBerg

Total Posts:  11

walkities - 17 January 2012 09:28 AM

So theres no way I can backup the necessary info on the current server and install fresh 1.6?

Hi,

you can make a backup in case of any accidents. And then migrate your shop to fresh Magento installation. I did it with help of cart2cart http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com Quite fast and effective. Not free but the price is affordable.

Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yw0001

This would essentially make more of a commodities market for salvaging materials and put a real value on blacksmithing. Buy WoW Items

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community