Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cannot save settings! Cannot use downloader! 

Wasim Khamlichi

Total Posts:  13

Admin section won’t let me save settings, when i click save, it tells me it’s successful but then reverts back to what it was. Looked at another post about downloading magento-core/Mage_All_Latest using downloader but when you try to install it, the black terminal screen in downloader stays blank and nothing happens. And this is happening whenever I try and download any package now?

Someone help please, this is frustrating me greatly

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fulso

Total Posts:  3

I’m getting the same problem. When I click ‘Save settings’ in the Settings tab on Magento Connect Manager I get:

Invalid file permissions, could not save configuration.  - in red

and then just below it:

Settings has been successfully saved - in green

No way forward from there.

Any suggestions anyone?

Cheers

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

batkins

Total Posts:  26

Same issue here, I’m trying to save the settings and it won’t retain them. it appears as if the form is reset.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thierry S.

Total Posts:  94
Paris

same here but only with memcache enable as “session keeper”

pls see this thread :  http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27111/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thierry S.

Total Posts:  94
Paris

In fact I also have this issue, from time to time with either db or file for session keepers.

It seems that the issue is located on firefox only for me. It’s seems to be working fine for me with IE7 and IE6.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fulso

Total Posts:  3

I’m getting the same behaviour in both FF3 and IE7 consistently.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CommonSense

Total Posts:  1

fulso - 30 December 2008 03:45 PM

I’m getting the same behaviour in both FF3 and IE7 consistently.

Has anyone found a resolution for this problem yet? Having the same problem with FF3 and Safari also. I’m on mac and not sure where to go from here. I was in the middle of setting up a few stores…

I have upgraded to 1.2.1 and same problem persists. I cannot save any changes.

I suppose I should install FF2 and see if that works? If there is a better solution please let me (and everyone) know. I would like to know what is causing the problem.

I have tried FF2 and Explorer 5 on mac and neither of those work either. Maybe I am missing something obvious here, I don’t know, but I am in need of some help as I can not save any changes at all from the back end.

Ok, finally found this thread which solves this problem.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/29487/

The problem is that some of us could not upgrade using mage_all_latest so we had to pick each module and upgrade it. But after that, you have to use the mage_all_latest key and that will add some missing modules and then it works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bitist

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

I\’ve the same problem.
My magento version is 1.4.1.0

I moved my Magneto to another host and now I cannot save the downloader settings but there is no error.
I\’ve removed the downloader folder and re-uploaded the original dowloader folder from the installer. I set up 777 for the complete downloader folder. Magento root folder also have 777 and also I\’ve clean the cache folder.

What else could be the problem?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community