Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgraded 1.1.7 to 1.2 - Front-end and Back-end Completely Broken

mikej165

Total Posts:  89

I performed the update on a 1.17 installation and it seemed to go smoothly. Now, however, I’m unable to access the store front-end or back-end. Nor can I access the downloader to rerun the process. I’m seeing the following error:

Error in file: “/var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/sql/catalogsearch_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.5-0.7.6.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘catalogsearch_result’ already exists
Trace:
#0 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(287): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.7.5’, ‘0.7.6’)
#2 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.7.5’, ‘0.7.6’)
#3 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(241): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /var/www/html/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /var/www/html/app/Mage.php(446): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 /var/www/html/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

Total Posts:  89

As an adjunct to my prior post, I’m quite certain that the database upgrade process has already run, because MySQL was hogging the CPU for about 2 minutes while all the db schema changes were being made. (This db has 50k customers) That said, the tone of the error, on the surface at least, indicates to me that Magento might believe it hasn’t been done and is trying to do it again.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community