Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How Do I Create Sub Products with shared inventory

saf

Total Posts:  3

I am setting up a store for a friend and just ran into a road block.

Background:
- I have a product “X” which has multiple part numbers (i.e. “A”, “B”, “C"). This is the same exact product, but contains multiple part numbers.

Problem(s):
- How do I create a product and assign it multiple product numbers?
- How do I show every product number as an individual product in my store?

Summary:
- I need to create a product that has multiple product numbers and show each instance of the product number as an independent product in my store front. Additionally, the inventory across these products is the same (i.e. If I have 30 pieces of product “X” in my inventory, each product number (i.e. “A”, “B”, “C") should also show 30 pieces in stock and if I purchase 3 pieces of this product through the product name “A”, it should decrement the entire inventory of product X to 27)

Any Help???

Thank you,
Saf

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

saf

Total Posts:  3

I suppose no one has run into this issue or figured out a solution to it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community