Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade to 1.5.1

aandcmedia

Total Posts:  20

Hello I upgraded to 1.5.1 and I have one major error, my Authorize.net is not working correctly. I’ve replaced the Authorize.net transaction key and API login but for some reason I keep getting error:

Payment transaction failed.
Reason
Gateway error: The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

Checkout Type
onepage

Please advise as to what I can do to try and resolve this issue, customers used to be able to order just fine now they cannot.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zafarshaikh92

Total Posts:  7
India

Tips for a successful upgrade; Definitely dumping some stuff here. Not sure where it is really going right now.

Backup your database

- In Magento go to Admin, System → Tools → Backups

(redundant -skipped because #2 above and TKLBAM)- You can use PHPMyAdmin (but this may fail due to time-limits on php scripts)

- (skipped) You can export in SSH by typing…

- (skipped) mysqldump -u USER -p DBNAME > dump.sql

- (skipped) Reimport using mysql -u USER -p DBNAME < dump.sql

Backup all the code you modified yourself, and don’t forget to keep the original installation archive (TKLBAM)

Take care of saving the media directory that contains all the uploaded product/category images (TKLBAM)

Create a backup copy of app/etc/local.xml file (DID THIS!)

Download a new installation archive or run SVN update if you checked it out from the Magento repository

First added Subversion in order to gt a Download -

Used: apt-get install subversion

then ran the following:

svn checkout http://svn.magentocommerce.com/source/branches/1.5

Everything dropped into a new folder 1.5 in my Magento Folder.

Extract and upload all the files it contains to your server

I did this by moveing everything from /magento/1.5 Folder straight into /magento folder.

Delete var/cache and var/session directories

Point your browser to any Magento page

Database upgrades should happen automatically

You are done!

Magento Development India | Magento Development

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community