Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to show ampersands (&) on front end for manufacturer

springrates

Total Posts:  5

One of the manufacturers on my website is “Function & Form”

However, it shows up with the HTML code (&) for the ampersand in place of the actual ampersand itself (&). How can this be fixed in the latest version of Magento? I saw they removed it over a year ago.

Thanks!

See the problem here:
http://springrates.com/shop/index.php/coilovers.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Glyn Myers

Total Posts:  4

Hi,

I’ve just tested this on our local install and setting the English option of the attribute name to “Form & Function” worked fine, and displayed the ampersand correctly in the front end. In the admin area, Magento does appear to convert it to

&
- and if you use
&
in the English option name, then Magento will add another
amp;
to the end. It appears to keep doing this on every save/update.

To summarise, set the name to “Form & Function” (using a regular ampersand character) and replace any instances of

&
with a regular ampersand if you need to update that attribute again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bright Ideas

Total Posts:  140
Mumbai

Glyn Myers - 13 January 2012 02:58 AM

Hi,

I’ve just tested this on our local install and setting the English option of the attribute name to “Form & Function” worked fine, and displayed the ampersand correctly in the front end. In the admin area, Magento does appear to convert it to

&
- and if you use
&
in the English option name, then Magento will add another
amp;
to the end. It appears to keep doing this on every save/update.

To summarise, set the name to “Form & Function” (using a regular ampersand character) and replace any instances of
&
with a regular ampersand if you need to update that attribute again.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

nancyfromafrica

Total Posts:  16
India

was hard to understand thanks for the help Bright Ideas, I thought it was related to UTF or Unicode

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community