Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Stock Control/Inventory for cases or single items

kerryn

Total Posts:  3

Hi
I cant see if this has been covered so Ill leap straight in, Im re-launching my site using Magento because the old site just isnt working right.

One on my main issues is stock control, because my products can be sold either by the case or individually,

So for instance product A is sold to me as a case of 10, I then have the option of selling the entire case or as individual packs, I generally order 4 cases at a time as the case is the most popular option for clients, this has in the past lead to issues with not knowing if I have enough to fulfil an order immediately and when to order.

Im now confused which would be the best way to offer the options to my customers on the site that will truly reflect the actual stock content at the end of the day for my stock balancing.

Am I better to set up each product as a group with associated products or as a product with options? I dont really want to have to go down the route of splitting the warehouse down into case/pack sections.

Thanks Kerry

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PeterDruckr

Total Posts:  1

thanks ITS GREAT..........

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community